Bacon cheddar sheet pan grilled cheese is a simple and easy kid-friendly weeknight dinner that literally takes minutes to prep. Pizza dough, cheddar cheese, bacon crumbles, all cooked to golden brown color. This sheet pan grilled cheese is a cheesy slice of heaven.
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
Sheet Pan Dinner Idea
I use two types of cheese, because when do we not get enough cheese? I also used pizza dough instead of the classic bread, to change up the texture of a grilled cheese. My family went nuts for this, and did I mention it is easy peasy to make.
This Sheet Pan Grilled Cheese Is…
- Budget Friendly
- 20 Minute Bake Time
- Quick Prep
- Kid Friendly
Ingredients Used In The Recipe
Pizza Crust – Reach for the refrigerated pizza crust that you can find in the refrigerator section of the store. This is going to be easy to roll out, fill, top and then bake. It is quick and simple and not to mention delicious.
Bacon – I love using fresh cooked bacon that I crumble. But if you are in a hurry you can buy pre-diced bacon that you can sprinkle on your grilled cheese.
Cheese – We love using 2 types of cheese. It really elevates the flavor. You can essentially use any varieties of cheese that you enjoy.
Butter and Spices – Garlic and parsley are what I used along with butter to brush on top of the pizza crust. It gives it tons of flavor.
Variations to Recipe
- Swap bacon with diced ham, pepperoni, etc.
- Use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon.
- Use different types of cheese.
- Instead of pizza crust, swap with crescent rolls.
- Change up the butter mixture you sprinkle on top, the butter helps to give it a golden brown and buttery flavor.
How to Make Bacon Cheddar Sheet Pan Grilled Cheese
Full directions for the tuna recipe, are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick walk-through on how to make!
Prep your sheet pan, and then unroll your pizza crust. Spread it out to give it an even look, and make sure it is stretched to all the sides of pan.
Then top with American cheese, shredded cheese and the bacon crumbles.
Next, top the filling with pizza crust, and then brush on your butter mixture with spices.
Bake as directed, then remove from oven, slice and serve!
What to Serve With Grilled Cheese
Store your grilled cheese in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Then reheat in the microwave or toss back in the oven and heat at 350 till warm.
Or if you are packing for a lunch, these can be eaten cold as well.
More Simple Recipes
- 2 Rolls, Refrigerated Pizza Dough
- 4 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 Slices American Cheese
- 3.5 oz. Bacon Crumbles
- 3 Tbsp. Butter, Melted
- 2 tsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Parsley
- Un-Roll 1 pizza dough and lay flat on a greased Non-Stick Cooking Sheet.
- Sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese, Bacon Crumbles, and top with additional American Cheese Slices (Optional but I like mixing 2 kinds of cheese)
- Un-Roll and Top with the second pizza dough
- In a small bowl stir together the Melted Butter, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Powder, and Parsley.
- Brush melted butter onto the top of the pizza crust.
- Bake in the oven at 375° F. for 20 Minutes until crust is nice and golden brown.
- Cut into squares with a pizza cutter.
Prep Ahead: You can cook your bacon in advance and store the fridge in a covered container.
Assemble In Advance: You can assemble these in advance by prepping it all but don't add the butter and seasoning on top. Cover and refrigerate. Right before baking brush with butter mixture, and bake for a few extra minutes. I recommend not making ahead of time for more than 6 hours.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 747mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g