This Bacon Chicken Bake is the perfect chicken recipe for a no fuss dinner! So easy to make and only requires 4 ingredients! This seasoned boneless chicken is a healthy and keto friendly dinner.
This recipe and SO MANY MORE are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now, get 4 Weeks of our Weekly Menu Plan, including this recipe, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join! Not only will you get access to the weekly menu plan but you will also be able to swap recipes and CUSTOMIZE your plan each week!
This Bacon Chicken Bake Recipe Is…
- 5 Minute Prep
- Made With Only 4 Ingredients
- Keto Friendly
- Hands Off Cooking
- Reheats Well for Leftovers
- Family Friendly
Chicken – For this recipe, I recommend using Boneless Chicken. Chicken Breast, Tenderloin, or even Thighs. Make sure your Chicken is fully cooked all the way through.
Bacon – Any brand of Bacon will work. I used a thicker strip of Bacon for this recipe.
Cheese – Cheddar, Sharp, Pepper Jack, etc. Your favorite cheese will work in this recipe!
Montreal Steak Seasoning – I used this brand for seasoning! If you don’t have any you can use any flavors you want. Garlic, onion powder, season salt, etc.
Dipping Sauce – BBQ Sauce and any other dipping sauce tastes amazing with this chicken! You can also eat it plain if you prefer.
How to Trim Chicken
Chicken is one protein that doesn’t need a lot of trimming depending on what cut you buy. The bright white areas can be trimmed off. If you are working with tenderloins, you’ll want to remove the white tenderloin running down the center of the meat.
The white will make your chicken chewy and any fat will give it a rubbery texture in that area.
Can I Meal Prep With This Dish?
This Chicken Recipe is a great option if you are looking to meal prep. Bake as directed and place into single serve containers with your sides.
Rice, Pasta, Quinoa, or even Veggies would be a great side or two to pair with this Chicken. Leave the lid on the chicken loosely and warm up in the microwave until reheated. You can add the food to a plate and cover with a wet paper towel. This will help the chicken from drying out as it reheats.
I LOVE adding this dish to my meal plan every week. It is absolutely perfect for busy nights when I don’t have time to cook!
Should I Allow the Chicken to Rest?
It’s good to allow your chicken at least 10 minutes to rest once you remove from the oven. You’ll find that doing so allows the meat to soak in all the juices. If you slice right into the chicken, it will become dry.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
Gameday Baked Chicken – A delicious Baked Chicken Recipe that is perfect for cheering on the big game with your family! Loaded with cheese and full of flavor!
Ultimate Grilled Chicken – One of my all time favorites! A healthy and crazy easy dinner that is perfect for busy nights.
Grilled Caprese Chicken – A fresh and healthy grilled chicken recipe that is wonderful for warm, Summer nights.
- 3 lbs. Chicken Breasts, cut in half width-wise to make wide, thin pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Montreal chicken seasoning
- 1/2 lb. Bacon, strips cut in half
- 4 oz. Mild cheddar shredded cheese
- BBQ Sauce for dipping, if desired
- Aluminum Foil
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with seasoning, more or less depending on your taste. Top each piece of chicken with a slice of bacon.
- Bake 30 minutes uncovered on the top rack of the oven until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon looks crispy.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over the top of the bacon. Return to the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve with BBQ sauce for dipping, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 642Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 249mgSodium: 986mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 88g