BBQ Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is a simple no fuss sheet pan dinner recipe. Barbecue basted chicken, diced potatoes, and corn. This meal in one is all cooked on one sheet pan. This boneless chicken recipe is not only easy to prep but the cleanup is just as easy!
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
This Sheet Pan Chicken Recipe Is…
- Gluten Free
- One Pan Dinner
- Baked in the Oven
- Can Be Made Keto with Sugar Free BBQ and Use Sweetener in Replace of Honey
- Easy Cleanup
Ingredients Needed For Recipe
Chicken – So I used boneless chicken breast but you can use tenders, or other cuts of chicken. You just need to adjust the cooking time as needed depending how thick or thin the chicken is.
Corn – Small corn on the cob can be found in the freezer section. Or you can also buy full size corn on the cob in the produce section and cut them down as well! We prefer that method as it gives you a better texture.
Potatoes – So you can use almost any potatoes. I used dice up baby Yukon potatoes.
Onion – White or yellow onion can be used. This will flavor your dish and tastes wonderful paired with the ingredients when you go to eat.
Seasoning – Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and parsley are what I used to flavor the dish.
Honey and BBQ – Sweet and savory join forces to help lock in flavor and juices for your chicken. This will transform your chicken!
Make sure to grab a meat thermometer, that is needed to ensure the chicken reaches 165 degrees internally.
Depending on how thin or thick the chicken is the cooking time will vary. So use the time as a guide.
Feel free to change up the veggies you bake with the chicken. Broccoli, asparagus or other hearty veggies would be great.
How to Make BBQ Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
Full directions on how to make this chicken sheet pan dinner, scroll to the bottom of the post.
Step One: Mix up your spices and set aside. Prep all your veggies as directed in the recipe card.
Step Two: Then place veggies on your sheet pan and drizzle with oil. Then season with the mix.
Step Three: Next, baste your chicken with the sauce mixture, and place on the baking sheet as well.
Step Four: You will need to flip the chicken and such, so do that as directed. Baste with more sauce.
Step Five: Once done, serve up and enjoy!
Store all the items in the fridge for around 3 days. Then you can reheat in the microwave or warm up in the oven in a covered dish.
This is a great dish you can enjoy leftover for lunches or a quick reheat dinner idea. We make extra at times to use for easy lunches for busy work days.
- 2 1/2 Lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (I like Thin Cuts)
- 1 White Onion, Sliced
- 3 Ears of Corn on the Cob (Cut in Half)
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Yukon Gold Baby Potatoes, Diced
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Barbecue Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Parsley
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- In a Small Bowl combine the Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Parsley.
- Place the Potato Pieces, Onion and the Corn on the Cob on a Large Sheet Pan that has been lined with Foil. Drizzle with Olive Oil and sprinkle with seasoning mixture.
- Scoot the Potatoes, corn and onions to the outside of the pan and add the Chicken to the Middle of the Sheet Pan.
- In a small bowl combine the Barbecue Sauce, Honey and Chili Powder. Stir together and brush over both sides of the Chicken.
- Bake in the oven at 375° F. for 15 Minutes. Remove from the oven, Stir the Potatoes and Brush both sides of the Chicken again with the Barbecue Sauce mixture.
- Bake another 15 Minutes at 375° F. and then Stir Potatoes and Brush Chicken one more time with the BBQ Sauce Mixture.
- Bake 5-10 Minutes until Chicken reaches an Internal Temperature of 165° F. Optional: You can also Broil the Chicken for 2-3 minutes if you want a more golden brown color on your chicken.
Prep Ahead Instructions:
- Place Chicken, Barbecue Sauce, and Honey in a Large Ziploc bag and Seal Tightly. Shake well to mix and store in the refrigerator until ready to cook. You can also pre-mix your seasonings in a small Ziploc bag if you would like.
- Place the Potato Pieces and the Corn on the Cob on a Large Sheet Pan that has been lined with Foil. Drizzle with Olive Oil and sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Scoot the Potatoes to the outside of the pan and add the Chicken to the Middle of the Sheet Pan. Bake at 375° F. for 40 minutes stirring 2-3 times and brushing chicken with additional sauce mixture each time.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 591Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 161mgSodium: 895mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 4gSugar: 18gProtein: 64g