Make this Beef Lo Mein recipe on your next busy weeknight. It’s a simple 30 minute dinner idea that brings rich flavors right to your family dinner. If your family loves Asian cuisine, this meal lets you enjoy the vibrant flavors from the comfort of your own home. This is one of my favorites and I can’t wait for you to try it!
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
Why Make Beef Lo Mein
- 30 minute dinner idea
- Filled with rich flavors
- Asian cuisine
- Simple instructions
Beef – Sirloin steak, Better than Beef Bullion
Produce – White onion, shredded carrots, minced garlic
Pantry – Brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, lo mein noodles
Frozen – Broccoli florets
Seasoning – Black pepper
How to Make Beef Lo Mein
You’ll start by combining and whisking your boiling water, Better than Beef bullion, and brown sugar in a bowl and then adding in the soy sauce and black pepper. Next, you can begin cooking your lo mein noodles while cooking your meat.
Then, heat your olive oil in a large skilled over medium-high heat and saute thinly sliced beef strips until they’re completely cooked.
You’ll then add in your onions, carrots, broccoli, minced garlic, and sesame oil and cook over medium heat until everything is tender.
Finally, add in your cooked meat and the sauce mixture you made, bring to a boil and allow everything to simmer for 3-4 minutes, and add in your lo mein noodles.
You’re done! Mix everything together and enjoy your delicious and homecooked Beef Lo Mein!
Prepare Sauce Mixture in step 1 and store in an Airtight container in the refrigerator. You can also Pre-Slice the meat and store it in a Large Ziploc bag.
More Beef Recipes That You’ll Love!
Sheet Pan Steak Kebab Bowls – I love an easy sheet pan recipe!
Slow Cooker Beef & Noodles – A hands-off beef and noodles recipe!
Easy Ground Beef Nacho Fries – A tasty and simple dinner or appetizer idea!
- 1 1/2 Lb. Sirloin Steak, Sliced Thinly
- 1/4 Cup Boiling Water
- 1 Tbsp. Better than Beef Bullion
- 1 White Onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 5 oz. Shredded Carrots
- 12 oz. Bag Frozen Broccoli Florets
- 2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 8 oz. Lo Mein Noodles, Cooked
- Combine Boiling Water, Better than Beef Bullion, and Brown Sugar in a bowl and whisk everything together until well mixed. Add Soy Sauce and Black Pepper and set aside until you're ready for the sauce mixture.
- While you are cooking your meat you can also cook your noodles according to the package directions.
- Heat Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in Thinly sliced beef strips and saute until the meat is cooked completely. Remove meat from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet add the Onions, Carrots, Broccoli, Minced Garlic, and Sesame Oil. Cook over medium heat until everything is tender.
- Add back in the cooked beef to the skillet and pour in the sauce mixture from step 1.
- Bring to a boil and then allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the Cooked Lo Mein Noodles and toss everything together.
Prep Ahead Instructions -
Prepare Sauce Mixture in step 1 and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can also Pre-Slice the meat and store it in a large Ziploc bag.
Cooking Instructions -
Prepare according to the directions above.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 466Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 853mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 36g