This Broccoli Chicken Casserole is one of my new favorite healthy dinners. It’s a one-dish, oven-baked meal that’s packed with protein, veggies, and all your favorite flavors. I love how to casserole comes together. It’s a win every time! I can’t wait for you to try it.
This easy dinner recipe and so many more can be found in our Weekly Menu Planning System! You can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including recipes like this, for FREE!
You will also get access to our +Plus Membership when you join, so not only will you get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE your menu plan each week!
Why Make Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- Healthy meal
- Easy dinner idea
- Made in under an hour
- Bursting with flavor
- Packed with protein and veggies
Chicken – Boneless, skinless chicken breast
Dairy – Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, milk, butter
Produce – Baby Bella mushrooms, white onion, minced garlic
Pantry – Flour, chicken stock, rotini pasta, Dijon mustard
Seasoning – Salt, pepper
Frozen – Frozen broccoli florets (bite-sized)
How to Make Broccoli Chicken Casserole
You’ll start by pre-cooking your chicken breast in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees if you’re using un-cooked chicken. To save time, you can use rotisserie chicken. It works great with this recipe.
Then, cook your pasta, preheat your oven to 450 degrees, heat your butter in a large pan over medium-high heat, and cook your onion in the pan for around 3 minutes.
Then, you’ll add in your garlic and mushrooms and cook for about 6 more minutes.
Next, sprinkle your flour evenly over the top of your ingredients in the pan, stir, and cook until combined.
After, add in your chicken stock, stir until the clumps are gone, and then stir in your mustard, milk, salt, and pepper.
Turn down the heat to medium, continue cooking until the sauce simmers, remove from heat and add 1 cup of mixed cheeses, and stir until everything is melted and combined.
Now, cook your broccoli florets for one minute and combine your cooked pasta, broccoli, sauce, and cooked chicken into a large casserole dish and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
Finally, remove your casserole from the oven, sprinkle the rest of your cheeses on top, and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes. Serve warm and with extra pepper if you’d like. Enjoy!
More Healthy Recipes to Try!
Grilled Greek Chicken – Low carb has never tasted this good!
Chicken Pasta Primavera – 7 different vegetables packed into this delicious pasta!
Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta – An easy one-pot pasta dish.
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Cooked and Diced
- 8 oz. Rotini Pasta, cooked
- 10 oz. Frozen Broccoli florets, bite sized
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 8 oz. Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 White Onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 4 Tbsp Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Pre-Cook Chicken Breast in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees if using uncooked chicken breast, or use Rotisserie Chicken.
- Cook pasta, if not already cooked.
- Preheat the Oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook for 6 more minutes, or until the mushrooms are thoroughly cooked.
- Sprinkle the flour evenly over the top of the ingredients in the pan and stir, cooking for one minute until combined.
- Add chicken stock and stir until the clumps are mostly gone. Add mustard, milk, salt, and pepper and stir until combined.
- Turn the heat down to medium and continue cooking until the sauce simmers.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup of mixed cheeses, stirring until melted and combined.
- Cook broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces for one minute.
- In a large casserole dish, combine cooked pasta, broccoli, sauce, and cooked chicken, folding together until combined. Smooth in an even layer and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheeses evenly on top of casserole. Bake uncovered for 10 more minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve warm with extra pepper, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 431Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 749mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 41g