This Cheesy Beef & Shells Pasta is the perfect comfort food for a chilly day or a busy night. It’s comforting and delicious. Try it on your next busy weeknight. It’s loaded with rich flavors and doesn’t require a lot of preparation, perfect for saving time after a busy day. I can’t wait for you to try this one!
This easy dinner recipe and so many more can be found in our Weekly Menu Planning System! You can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including recipes like this, for FREE!
You will also get access to our +Plus Membership when you join, so not only will you get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE your menu plan each week!
Why Make Cheesy Beef & Shells Pasta
- 45 minute recipe
- Easy dinner idea
- Comfort meal
- Option for busy weeknights
- Simple ingredients
Meat – Ground beef
Pantry – Olive oil, pasta shells, flour, beef broth, can of tomato sauce
Seasoning – Italian seasoning, salt, pepper
Dairy – Heavy cream, shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Cheesy Beef & Shells Pasta
You’ll start by preparing your pasta according to the package directions.
Then, cook your ground beef in a large skillet until browned and drain any excess fat.
In the same skillet, you will heat your olive oil and onions on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes until translucent.
You’ll then add in your minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and flour and mix everything for 2-3 minutes. Next, slowly add in your beef broth and tomato sauce while whisking.
You will then bring your sauce to a boil and reduce to a simmer for around 8-10 minutes until your sauce starts to thicken.
You’ll now stir in your pasta, ground beef, and cream, cook for another 3-5 minutes, and stir in your cheese.
Cook for another 2-3 minutes and stir in your cheese. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until everything is melted and serve warm! You’ll love this one.
When Should I cook My Pasta?
If you have the space to cook your pasta while cooking your sauce I like to do them at the same time so that the pasta doesn’t stick together. Sometimes when you let it sit too long it will all start to stick together.
More Pasta Recipes to Try!
Cheesy Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups – You’ll love this fun twist on a classic recipe.
Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan – A delicious weeknight meal!
Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta – Try this one pot dinner idea.
- 12 oz. Pasta Shells
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion, Diced
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 16 oz. Beef Broth
- 15 oz. Can of Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 8 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- In a large pot of boiling water prepare pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- In a large skillet cook ground beef until browned, drain excess fat and set aside.
- In the same skillet heat Olive Oil and Onions, Cook on Medium High heat 3-4 minutes until translucent.
- Add in Minced Garlic, Italian Seasoning, Salt, Pepper, and Flour and mix everything around together for another 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add in Beef Broth & Tomato Sauce while whisking continuously.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer 8-10 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Stir in cooked pasta, cooked ground beef and cream.
- Cook another 3-5 minutes and stir in the cheese. Cook another 2-3 minutes until everything is melted and serve while warm!
Tip: If you have the space to cook your pasta while cooking your sauce I like to do them at the same time so that the pasta doesn't stick together. Sometimes when you let it sit too long it will all start to stick together.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 603Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 1356mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 35g