Whip up these chicken quesadillas for lunch or dinner this week. The perfect leftover chicken recipe that you can make in no time. Crispy flour tortilla loaded with juicy chicken, shredded cheese, and a delicious sauce.
I love a good quesadilla and this recipe is one of our favorites. I like to make use leftover rotisserie chicken up the next night. It makes for a tasty meal and is affordable.
If you don’t have leftover chicken you can easily grill up chicken, pan-fry, or boil then shred or chop. Any type of chicken works, as long as it is not overly seasoned.
Why Make This Recipe
- Kid Friendly
- Quick Cook Time
- Under 30 minutes to have dinner on table
- Great for using leftover chicken
- Affordable to make
Can I Use Low Carb Tortillas In This Quesadilla Recipe
You are more than welcome to use a low carb tortilla if you prefer to have that. It will crisp up just the same. I have done both methods, and they both taste delicious. I have used the Mission Low Carb Tortillas in the past.
So if you want to cut some carbs out go right ahead. You can also adjust cheese for a lower calorie cheese.
Can You Store Leftovers
If you happen to have leftover quesadillas go right ahead and store them in the fridge. The tortilla will sog up a bit and not be as crunchy but they will stay taste pretty well.
The tortillas will store for a few days in the refrigerator. Then you can toss in the microwave for a quick heat, or even back in a skillet to slowly warm it up and toast up the tortilla a bit.
Variations to Quesadilla Recipe
- Use steak or other meat in replace of chicken.
- Leave the meat out altogether and make a simple cheese quesadilla.
- Add in other ingredients like black beans, corn, to add more flavor.
- Pair with sour cream, Pico de gallo, etc. for dipping.
What Is The Sauce Used For Quesadillas
Sour cream, salsa, and paprika are what I used to make a creamy sauce for this quesadilla recipe. It adds a nice creamy and tasty flavor to the chicken tortillas. If you want you can leave the sauce off.
You could use a Greek unflavored yogurt to replace the sour cream if you would prefer that route.
Interested in more recipes
- Chili Lime Steak Kabobs
- Slow Cooker BBQ Brisket
- Grilled Caprese Chicken
- Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- Green Chile Chicken
- 1 Lb. Chicken Breast, Cooked & Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Salsa
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 32 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 Large 10" Tortillas
- 1 Container of Guacamole (Optional for dipping)
- Pre-Cook Chicken Breast in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees if using uncooked chicken breast, or use Rotisserie Chicken
- In a bowl combine the Sour Cream, Salsa, and Paprika
- Dice your Cooked Chicken and Red Bell Pepper
- Spread 1/8 cup of the sour cream mixture on half of the Tortilla, Top with Grilled Chicken, Bell Pepper and about 1/2 Cup of Cheese , then fold in half
- In a large skillet heat 1 slice of butter in the pan over medium heat and add the Quesadilla and grill about 3 Minutes on each side, allow to cool a few minutes, then cut in half or quarters
- Serve with Guacamole for dipping!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 829Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 1197mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 49g