Serve up this delicious, tangy, and sweet Cranberry Roasted Chicken! This healthy and filling dinner can be served with any and all of your favorite side dishes! The whole family will love this one!
This recipe and SO MANY MORE are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! You can now get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes like this one, for FREE!
You will also get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan, but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE your menu plan each week!
The Cranberry offers a sweet and tart flavor that goes perfectly with the chicken. When you add in the balsamic, this dish is transformed into a whole new level of flavor.
This Cranberry Roasted Chicken Is…
- Baked in the Oven
- Easy to Make
- Simple Ingredients
- Gluten Free
- Made With Any Cut of Chicken You Want
- Family Friendly
These ingredients create a perfectly crafted meal for the winter season. Perfect for a family dinner or even having guests over. This is a great recipe to make during Thanksgiving or Christmas!
Chicken – This recipe works with any cut of chicken that you want. Please know that depending on the size and if it is boneless or bone-in, the cook time will vary a bit.
Garlic, Thyme, Rosemary – These herbs and garlic help flavor the chicken nicely. If you don’t have fresh herbs, feel free to use dried.
Cranberries – Fresh or frozen cranberries will both work for this recipe.
Soy Sauce, Balsamic Vinegar, Oil – Used to enhance the flavors of the herbs, chicken, and locks in moisture.
Salt and Pepper – Flavor to taste!
How to Make Cranberry Roasted Chicken
First, in a blender or food processor, combine the garlic, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and 1/2 cup of the cranberries. Liquify until as smooth as possible.
Add the chicken in with the cranberry mixture to marinade.
Grease your casserole pan and assemble the chicken and cranberries in the baking dish as the recipe card features below.
Bake as directed. Once the chicken is fully cooked, serve with your favorite sides.
What Sides Pair Well With This Recipe?
When is the Chicken Done?
A great tool to use is a meat thermometer! This allows you to check the internal temperature of your chicken. It should read 165 degrees. Let your chicken rest for at least 5-10 minutes to help prevent the chicken from drying out.
You can store leftover chicken in the fridge for 2-4 days. Use you best judgement in terms of when you should toss out the chicken. Depending on freshness and how you store the chicken the storage time varies.
This is a fabulous meal to prep with for dinners or quick lunches. You can also freeze any chicken you don’t eat for 2-3 months!
Can I Use Any Cut of Chicken?
You are welcome to use bone-in chicken or boneless. Feel free to use any cut of chicken you want. Depending on the thickness and if the chicken has bones, the cook time WILL vary.
Bone-in chicken will take longer to cook. Boneless will cook much faster. Use a meat thermometer to ensure your chicken reaches proper temperature.
More Chicken Recipes
- Green Chili Chicken Recipe – With simple ingredients, quick cook time, and easy cleanup, this dish is GREAT for a family dinner!
- Parmesan Chicken and Rice – This one pan dinner that’s baked in the oven is amazing! Parmesan cheese and spices create a simple and satisfying dinner.
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Skillet Recipe – This fabulous skilled recipe is so simple to make! A low carb dinner option the whole family can enjoy.
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Cranberries, divided
- 6-8 Pieces Chicken
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Thyme
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Rosemary, plus extra sprigs for Garnish
- In blender or food processor, combine the garlic, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and ½ cup of the cranberries and liquify until as smooth as possible.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large zip-top plastic bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Close the bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a large casserole dish with baking spray.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and save the marinade for later.
- Place the chicken pieces in the baking dish, skin side down, and season with thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup cranberries around the pan, pressing the berries in between the chicken pieces if needed. Roast the chicken uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Flip the chicken pieces over and brush each one with the reserved marinade.
- Raise the oven temperature to 425°F and cook five minutes. Then, change the oven settings to broil and broil for 2-3 minutes, until the chicken begins to turn a little golden on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 21g