This Creamy Hamburger Soup is a delicious one pot dinner idea that is perfect for busy nights. You can make it in just 35 minutes and have it ready for your family. It’s filled with simple ingredients you’ll love. I love making this on a chilly night. I can’t wait for you to try it!
This easy dinner recipe and so many more can be found in our Weekly Menu Planning System! You can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including recipes like this, for FREE!
You will also get access to our +Plus Membership when you join, so not only will you get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE your menu plan each week!
Why Make Creamy Hamburger Soup
- 35 minute dinner idea
- Easy dinner
- Simple ingredients
- Perfect for busy nights
- Easy to follow directions
Meat – Ground beef
Produce – Purple onion, minced garlic, fresh basil
Seasoning – Salt, pepper, Italian seasoning
Pantry – Low sodium chicken broth, jar of pasta sauce, can of diced tomatoes, small shells pasta (or macaroni noodles)
Cheese – Package of cream cheese
How to Make Creamy Hamburger Soup
You’ll start by cooking your ground beef and onions over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes in a large Dutch oven until your meat is browned.
Next, drain the fat off your beef, return to the same pan, and add in your salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
Now, add in your chicken broth, spaghetti sauce, and diced tomatoes.
Then, you’ll bring everything to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. Add in your cream cheese and basil and stir until the cream cheese is melted.
Finally, you’ll add in your noodles and cook for another 10 minutes until your pasta is fork-tender.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
More Soup Recipes For You to Try!
Famous Tomato Soup – A perfect comfort meal that you’ll love!
Parmesan Tomato Tortellini Soup – This 25 minute soup recipe is great for chilly nights.
Cheeseburger Soup Recipe – This recipe is a heart winter favorite.
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 Purple Onion, Diced
- 3 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 32 oz. Container of Chicken Broth, Low Sodium
- 25 oz. Jar of Pasta Sauce
- 14.5 oz. Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 8 oz. Package of Cream Cheese, Diced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 2 Cups Small Shells Pasta (or Macaroni Noodles)
- In a large dutch oven cook ground beef and onions over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes until the meat is browned.
- Drain fat off the beef and return to the same pan.
- In the same pan add in Salt, Pepper, Italian Seasoning, Minced Garlic, and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in Chicken Broth, Spaghetti Sauce, and Diced tomatoes.
- Bring everything to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add in Cream Cheese and Basil and stir until the cream cheese is melted.
- Add in Noodles and cook another 10 minutes until the pasta is fork-tender, Serve Immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 1495mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 5gSugar: 11gProtein: 31g