This Crockpot Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken is one of my new favorite crockpot recipes! It look so fancy, but is so simple to make! This crockpot recipe is so easy to make during the day and serve over veggies or rice at night!
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
Why Make This Crockpot Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken
- Simple Crockpot Recipe
- Easy to Make
- Great for Busy Weeks
Meat – Boneless Chicken Thighs, Skinless or with Skin
Spices – Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cayenne Powder, Paprika, Italian Seasoning
Produce – Garlic Cloves, Lemons, Fresh Parsley, Lemon Slices
Pantry – Low Sodium Chicken Broth
How to Make Crockpot Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken
This is a visual walk-through for readers. For the Full Recipe, scroll to the bottom of this post to view the Recipe Card.
Begin by placing the Chicken Thighs at the bottom of your Slow Cooker. Next, combine 1/3 cup Chicken Broth, Lemon Juice, and Zest, and pour over Chicken Thighs. Then, in a Small Bowl, combine Italian Seasoning, Parsley, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Cayenne Pepper (if desired), Salt, and Pepper. Sprinkle the spices over the Chicken.
Then, top with Fresh Minced Garlic and Diced Butter. Cover the crockpot and cook the Chicken Thighs for 3-4 hours on HIGH or 6-8 hours on LOW.
Next, sprinkle your crockpot Chicken Thighs with Chopped Parsley and garnish with Lemon Slices. Serve hot with Green Beans, Rice, or any other sides that you prefer! Enjoy!
Can I use Bottled Lemon Juice in this Crockpot Recipe?
I would suggest only using Fresh Lemon Juice for this recipe. Sometimes, the bottled Lemon Juice doesn’t taste exactly how it should. In a pinch, you could use Lemon Pepper Seasoning if you don’t have Fresh Lemons available!
More Crockpot Recipes You’ll Love!
Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches – Such a good French Dip Recipe that tastes like you grabbed it from a restaurant!
Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Rigatoni – One of our family’s favorite! Kid-Friendly and perfect for bringing to a potluck!
Crockpot Cinnamon Roll Casserole – Make this delicious Cinnamon Roll Casserole with ONLY 6 Ingredients!
- 8-9 Boneless Chicken Thighs, Skinless or with Skin
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 4 Garlic Cloves, sliced or minced
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 Lemon (will use for zesting and juicing)
- 1/2 Stick of Butter, Diced
- 1/3 cup of Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Fresh Parsley (Chopped for Garnish)
- 1 Lemon (sliced, optional for Garnish)
- Zest 1/2 lemon and set zest aside. Use the same lemon and squeeze all the juice from it and set aside.
- Place chicken thighs at the bottom of your slow cooker. Combine 1/3 cup chicken broth, lemon juice (from 1 lemon), lemon zest, and pour over chicken thighs.
- In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the spice mix over the chicken thighs. Top with fresh minced or sliced garlic and diced butter.
- Cover the crockpot and cook the chicken thighs for 3-4 hours on HIGH or 6-8 hours on LOW.
- Sprinkle your crockpot chicken thighs dinner with chopped parsley and garnish with lemon slices. Serve hot with green beans and rice or any other sides you prefer! Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 169mgSodium: 310mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 31g