This Tex-Mex inspired dinner is sure to become a family favorite. Chicken Taco Alfredo is pan seared seasoned chicken that is smothered in creamy homemade alfredo sauce.
The Taco Seasoned Chicken adds so much flavor and pairs perfectly with the pasta and alfredo sauce.
This recipe is so simple to make. Grab your ingredients and get to cooking!
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
Click Here to Join MenuPlans.com for FREE for 4 Weeks!
Easy Chicken Taco Alfredo Is…
- A Simple Dinner
- 30 Minute Meal
- Kid Friendly
- Tex-Mex Inspired
- Chicken – You will want to use a Skinless and Boneless Chicken. Tenderloins and Breasts work great for this recipe.
- Taco Seasoning – You can buy Taco Seasoning or make you own!
- Pasta – Any shape of pasta will work. Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Rotel – Rotel is canned and diced tomatoes with green chiles. If you cannot find it, use one 15 oz. can of Petite Diced Tomatoes and one 4 oz. can of Green Chiles.
- Butter and Heavy Cream – When you are making Alfredo, you will find that adding butter and heavy cream adds an amazing richness to the pasta sauce.
- Cheese – I went for the Mexican Cheese Blend. It adds a nice twist of flavor compared to a classic Alfredo sauce recipe.
How to Know When the Chicken is Done
Chicken is done when it reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. I recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is fully cooked.
Should I Allow For the Chicken to Rest?
Once your chicken is done, I recommend allowing it to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Doing this prevents the chicken from drying out.
If you were to slice the chicken right after it is removed from the pan, it can release all the juices and cause your chicken to dry out.
How to Make
Full directions for making this Easy Chicken Taco Alfredo Recipe are located at the bottom of this post. This is a visual walk through for readers.
Begin by heating up oil in your skillet. Season the chicken as directed below.
Pan sear the chicken until fully cooked. Cook your pasta as directed on the package as your chicken is cooking.
Once the chicken is done and removed, begin to work on the sauce. Add in butter and whisk in the heavy cream.
Next, add in part of the Rotel and cheese. Mix until nice and creamy.
Finally, drain pasta, stir with sauce, slice and add the chicken. Garnish with remaining Rotel and cilantro.
Place any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.
This pasta dish will store for 2-3 days. You can warm the chicken alfredo in the microwave or on the stovetop. Make sure to stir often on the stove to prevent burning.
Can You Freeze Leftovers?
You can’t freeze this as the sauce will separate once it thaws. The texture will be off so I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Southwest Chicken Calzone – These are definitely a crowd pleaser! Filled with your favorite ingredients and made in just 35 minutes!
- Mexican Chicken Casserole – Busy nights call for recipes like this one! Loaded with cheese, chicken, and all your favorite flavors!
- Chicken Cordon Bleu – An easy weeknight dinner recipe! One of my favorites!
Easy Chicken Taco Alfredo
This Tex-Mex inspired Alfredo will quickly become a family favorite! This dish is loaded with cheese, rotel, taco seasoning, tender chicken, and noodles to create a perfect blend full of flavor!
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 oz. pkg taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp. butter, seperated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 10 oz. can Mild Rotel (2 tbsp reserved for garnish)
- 10 oz. pasta (any shape), cooked
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (garnish)
- Pat the chicken dry on both sides with a paper towel. Sprinkle with the taco seasoning on a plate or large bowl. Press both sides of the chicken breast into the seasoning. Cover the chicken completely. (Discard the extra seasoning that didn't stick to the chicken.)
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in pan on the stove over medium heat. Add the seasoned chicken to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until chicken is completely cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan, place on a plate, and cover with foil to keep it hot.
- Add the rest of the butter to the pan that the chicken was cooked in and melt over medium heat. (Keep all of the drippings and dark bits of cooked chicken and taco seasoning from the chicken.) Slowly add the heavy cream, whisking to incorporate all the seasoning. Whisk constantly and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the Rotel (reserving 2 tbsp for garnish) and shredded cheese, stirring until chickened and the cheese is melted. Stir in the cooked pasta and reduce heat to low.
- Remove chicken from the foil covered plate, slice into strips, and add on top of the pasta. Spoon on the reserved Rotel and sprinkle on fresh cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 496Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 513mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 43g