These Firecracker Grilled Shrimp are the perfect Summer meal to try! I love putting them over a Caesar Salad, but they’re amazing over rice or veggies as well! They cook so fast on the grill and while they’re marinating, I’m able to prep other parts of the meal. Feel free to use just half of the amount of hot sauce if spice isn’t your thing. They’ll still turn out AMAZING!
This fabulous dinner recipe and so many more can be found in our Weekly Menu Planning System! You can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including recipes like this, for FREE!
You will also get access to our +Plus Membership when you join, so not only will you get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE your menu plan each week!
Why Make These Firecracker Grilled Shrimp:
- Made in Under an Hour
- Easy Recipe Idea
- Perfect Spicy Dish
- Great for Summer
Shrimp – Raw Large Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined with the tail left on.
Seasonings – Salt, Pepper, Sugar
Pantry – Olive Oil, Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
Produce – Minced Garlic, Sliced Lime, Cilantro
How to Make Firecracker Grilled Shrimp:
This is a visual walk through for readers. The Full Recipe can be found in the Recipe Card located at the bottom of this post.
To begin, soak your bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes so they won’t burn on the grill. Then, preheat your grill to 450 degrees or High. Allow your grill to heat up for around 10-15 minutes before adding on your Firecracker Grilled Shrimp.
Then, add Shrimp, Sriracha Hot Sauce, Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil, Sugar, and Garlic in a Large Mixing Bowl. Toss well and let Marinate for at least 15 Minutes to an Hour.
Next, place the Shrimp on the bamboo skewers, making sure the skewer goes through two places on the shrimp and the shrimp looks like it’s in a “C” shape. Doing so will prevent the Shrimp from rotating when you are grilling!
Gril for 2-3 Minutes on each side and until the Shrimp are now longer opaque and translucent.
Squeeze half a lime onto the shrimp. Garnish with remaining lime slices and chopped cilantro on top. Serve immediately over rice, in shrimp tacos, or with roasted veggies!
What Kind of Hot Sauce is Used for Firecracker Grilled Shrimp?
Traditionally, Sriracha Hot Sauce is used for this recipe. However, if you prefer a different type of Hot Sauce, you can definitely use the same amount of your desired Hot Sauce!
More Seafood Recipes You’ll Love!
Bang Bang Shrimp Salad – An Easy and Healthy Shrimp Salad recipe that you have GOT to try!
Lemon Parmesan Mahi Mahi – A Delicious and Quick weeknight dinner recipe!
Low Carb Cajun Butter Salmon – This Healthy Salmon Dinner is made in JUST 30 Minutes!
- 1 lb. Raw Large Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined with the Tail Left On
- 2 Tbsp. Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 Fresh Lime
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro
- Bamboo Grilling Skewers
- First, soak the Bamboo Grilling Skewers in water for 30 minutes so they won't burn on the grill. Preheat your grill to 450 degrees or high. Let it heat up for about 10 minutes.
- Add Shrimp, Sriracha Hot Sauce, Salt and Pepper, Olive Oil, Sugar, and Garlic in a Large mixing bowl. Toss well. Cover and marinate for at least 15 minutes to 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Place the Shrimp on the Bamboo Skewers, making sure the Skewer goes through two places on the Shrimp and the Shrimp looks like it's in a "C" shape. (This will prevent the shrimp from twisting around when you rotate the skewers while grilling!) Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side. The Shrimp should be opaque and no longer translucent.
- Squeeze half a Lime onto the Shrimp. Garnish with remaining Lime Slices and Chopped Cilantro on top. Serve immediately over Rice, in Shrimp Tacos, or with Roasted Veggies!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 44Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g