This Baked Chicken is Touchdown worthy dinner! This is a boneless chicken that is smothered in a cream cheese and bacon topping and loaded up with cheese! A cheesy baked chicken recipe that is perfect for watching the big game at home with your family.
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
Click Here to Join MenuPlans.com for FREE for 4 Weeks!
This is one of my favorite recipes to serve up while cheering on my favorite team! Pair it with your favorite game day appetizers and enjoy!
Why Make This Game Day Baked Chicken
- Simple to Make
- Delicious and Cheesy
- Great for Gameday Watch Parties
- Loaded with Bacon
Ingredients and Variations
Chicken – I went for Boneless Chicken Breasts. You can use any cut of Boneless Chicken. You only need to adjust the cook time to ensure the chicken is fully cooked.
Bacon – Cook and chop up bacon for this chicken dish. It is so flavorful paired with this chicken.
Cream Cheese – So creamy! This Cream Cheese is a total game changer in this Baked Chicken!
Mayonnaise – I went for real mayonnaise with this recipe. I haven’t tried using Miracle Whip, so I can’t say if it would work or not.
Cheese – Grate up your favorite cheese! This recipe can’t get enough.
Green Onions – These are optional but add a nice splash of flavor to the dish.
How to Know When Chicken is Done
Chicken is done when it reads 165 Degrees internally. Make sure your chicken is fully cooked or it can make you sick!
How to Make Game Day Baked Chicken
Full directions for this recipe are located in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. This is a visual walk-through.
Begin by preheating the oven and greasing the casserole dish. Place your chicken in the baking dish.
In a bowl, mix your cream cheese, mayo, shredded cheese, bacon, and green onions. Mix until combined.
Spread on top of chicken and then top with remaining cheese and bacon.
Bake as directed. Then, garnish with green onions and serve.
What to Serve With This Baked Chicken
There are so many fun sides to add to this dish! Check out some of my favorites
- Savory Potato Side Dishes
- French Fry Board
- Tomato Salad
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Does This Recipe Double?
Yes, you can make as much or as little of this delicious Baked Chicken as you prefer! Simply double or triple the recipe if you need to fit the amount of servings that you need.
The trick is to do a single layer of chicken, overlapping will cause the chicken to take a lot longer to fully cook all the way through.
Do I have to Add Bacon?
You do not have to add bacon to this chicken recipe. Leave it out if you wish. The cream cheese topping alone will add a delicious flavor to the recipe.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes to Try
- 6 Ingredient Parmesan Baked Chicken – A wonderful baked chicken dish that takes under an hour to create! This flavorful recipe takes only 6 ingredients to make.
- Grilled Caprese Chicken Recipe – One of my favorites! This low carb grilled chicken recipe is fresh and full of flavor.
- Queso Chicken Recipe – Loaded with cheese and all your favorite toppings. This chicken dish is something the whole family will love!
- Chicken and Waffle Sliders – Such a fun recipe! Perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or an appetizer and it takes less than 30 minutes to make!
Game Day Baked Chicken
TOUCHDOWN! This Game Day Baked Chicken is topped with cream cheese and bacon! This simple chicken dinner is perfect for gamedays, tailgates, and more!
- 2 lbs. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts Thinly Cut (or pounded flatter)
- 6 oz. Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 8 slices of Crispy Bacon, chopped
- 6 Green Onions, chopped
- 1.5 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (or Colby Jack), separated
- 2 slices Crispy Bacon, chopped
- 2 Green Onions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, bacon, mayo, green onion and half of the shredded cheese together until well mixed.
- Place the chicken breast in a baking dish, spoon the cheese mixture over the chicken and evenly spread.
- Top with remaining half of the cheddar cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temperature).
- Garnish with additional bacon and green onions right before serving.
- You can either sprinkle on each chicken breast while serving or sprinkle it down the middle of the chicken in the pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 621Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 208mgSodium: 770mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 62g