Here is another super simple chicken recipe to try out. This garlic butter chicken and asparagus is so flavorful. Diced chicken, dry ranch seasoning, garlic, lemon juice, asparagus, and more. A one-pot chicken recipe the whole family can enjoy.
What I love about this easy chicken recipe is the simple ingredients provide tons of richness to the chicken and asparagus.
Garlic Butter Chicken and Asparagus
One pot dinners are a saving grace. No fuss prep, easy cleanup, and delicious! If you want a scrumptious dinner with minimal effort, try this garlic butter chicken recipe.
Why Is This Recipe So Popular
- Quick and Easy
- Loaded with rich garlic butter flavor
- Diced chicken and asparagus pair perfectly
- Kid friendly
- One pot for easy cleanup
How to Make Garlic Butter Chicken and Asparagus
Measurements and full instructions are below in printable recipe card.
Start to prep chicken by cutting into pieces. Hear your butter in the pan with oil.
Toss in the chicken along with garlic pepper, and dry ranch powder. You will cook your chicken for awhile as directed in recipe card below.
Remove the chicken and place on a plate. Add the next round of ingredients and cook until sauce is boiling.
Add in chicken and asparagus and cook intol fork tender and dish shows it’s done.
Dish up this incredible and easy asparagus and chicken recipe.
How To Prep Asparagus
- Rinse your asparagus under cold water to clean it.
- Now you will firmly hold asparagus and bend it.
- Where you see the woody part at the end you will want to cut that part off and discard.
- Then leave the rest whole or cut into smaller pieces for cooking.
You can eat all but the woody end piece on the asparagus. Some like to just break off the end while others use a knife for a clean cut.
Storing and Meal Prep
Once you get your dinner cooked you can save all your leftovers to meal prep for a quick lunch or simple dinner.
Just place in a proper storage airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat in the microwave or even on the stove in a pan. This asparagus and garlic chicken heats up nicely.
Variations to Garlic Butter Chicken and Asparagus
- Leave out the dry ranch seasoning and switch it to your own seasoning blend you like to cook with.
- Swap asparagus out for broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc.
- Or add in a mixed of vegetables for added flavor.
- Swap out the chicken for diced up steak.
There are so many ways you can adapt and change up the flavor of your dish. Have fun and try it out.
More Dinner Ideas
- 2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Cup Butter (1 stick)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 Package Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 lb. Asparagus
- Cut Chicken Breasts into 1" Pieces.
- Heat 1/4 cup of Butter (1/2 of the stick) and 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil in a large skillet.
- Add in Chicken, Garlic, Ranch Dressing Mix, and Pepper.
- Stir Chicken and cook over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove Chicken from pan.
- Add remaining butter, chicken broth and lemon juice to the pan and heat until boiling.
- Allow Chicken Broth to reduce about halfway then add in Asparagus and Chicken.
- Reduce heat and allow Asparagus to simmer until fork tender.
- Serve Immediately alone or over rice!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 170mgSodium: 693mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 50g