This 5 Ingredient Lazy Lasagna is so simple to just throw together! You are also able to keep it in the freezer to bake in the oven later, perfect for those super busy weeknights! With cheese ravioli, pasta sauce, cheese, and more, this is a kid friendly meal that your whole family will love.
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
This Lazy Lasagna Recipe Is…
- A Delicious Pasta Dinner Idea
- Budget Friendly
- Only 5 Ingredients
- Hands Off Cooking
- Freezer Friendly
- Make Ahead Option
Cheese Ravioli – You are more than welcome to use any type of ravioli you want. I prefer the cheese ravioli that is found in the refrigerator section of the grocery store. When that is unavailable, I go for frozen. Either method works!
Pasta Sauce – Spaghetti Sauce, Marinara, or Homemade Pasta Sauce all work with this recipe! I went for a jar for added simplicity.
Parmesan Cheese – This adds a great flavor to your pasta. You can also swap for Mozzarella!
Mozzarella Cheese – I also used Mozzarella Cheese. This adds a nice and creamy component to the dish!
Pepper and Parsley – I used both to flavor the pasta. They’re optional, so use however much you please!
How to Make
The Full Recipe for Lazy Lasagna is located on the Printable Recipe Card. This is a visual walk through on how to recreate this dish.
Start by adding a thin layer of sauce to the bottom of your dish. Then, add a few of your cheesy ravioli.
Next, add in some mozzarella. Then add in more pasta, sauce, etc. At the end, you can top with pepper and parsley if you would like.
Bake in a preheated oven as directed. Once done, remove and let cool for 5 minutes. Dish up and top with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
What to Serve With Lazy Lasagna
- Breadsticks or Garlic Bread
- Steamed or Roasted Vegetables
Meal Prep Ahead Directions
If you want to prep ahead, assemble the casserole in the same way as above. Cover and refrigerate. Bake in a preheated oven and add a few extra minutes, as you lasagna will be extra cold.
For freezing, you can assemble and freeze for up to 3-4 months. I add a couple of layers of foil on top, to make sure it doesn’t freezer burn. Then, bake frozen, covered. After around 30 minutes, uncover and finish baking until it is warmed all the way through.
More Easy Pasta Dinner Recipes
Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta – A simple seafood dinner that takes around 30 minutes to make. Tender pasta with creamy parmesan garlic butter sauce and shrimp in every bite.
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore – Such an easy dinner to make in your slow cooker. Freezer friendly and flavorful!
Caprese Pasta Salad – A fresh and satisfying pasta dish that is so simple to make. I love it for Summer days!
TikTok Baked Feta Pasta – One of my favorites! This feta pasta will blow your mind!
- 24 oz. Bag of Frozen or Refrigerated Cheese Ravioli
- 24 oz. Jar of Pasta Sauce
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan
- Pepper to Taste
- Fresh Parsley, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a casserole dish. If you are using frozen already cooked ravioli, you do not have to pre-cook it.
- If you are using refrigerated ravioli that requires a few minutes of boiling before eating, boil according to package directions before creating lasagna.
- Spread 3/4 cup of pasta sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Layer about 12 ravioli in a single layer over sauce.
- Top with mozzarella (save some for topping). Layer more pasta sauce, ravioli, and mozzarella until you have used all of the ingredients.
- I spread them out evenly over 3 layers in my casserole dish. Top with parmesan cheese, pepper, and fresh parsley, if desired.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. I found this to be the perfect amount of golden on top. If yours gets too brown depending on the pan you are using and your oven, cover with foil, instead.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 1184mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 22g