This Cajun Butter Salmon is a fantastic way to cook up some Salmon this week for dinner! This is a Cajun flavored Salmon Filet that is baked in the oven! So simple to make and tastes delicious!
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
You can pair this with rice, salad, noodles, or any of your favorite sides! This is a low carb dinner that is definitely going to satisfy the whole family!
This Baked Cajun Butter Salmon Is…
- Ready in 30 minutes
- Low Carb
- Quick Prep
- Full of Flavor
- Great for Meal Prepping
Ingredients Needed For This Salmon Recipe
Salmon – Feel free to use Fresh or Frozen Salmon. Make sure you thaw it out first!
Lemon – Lemon really brings out the flavor of the Salmon as well as the rest of the ingredients!
Spices – Salt, Pepper, Cajun Spice, and Red Pepper Flakes
Garlic – Fresh or Jarred Garlic works with this dish. Make sure it is minced or grate it finely.
Whole Grain Mustard – This spice takes this meal to the next level. It really brings out the flavor!
How To Make Baked Cajun Butter Salmon
The full recipe will be located in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. This is a visual walk through for readers.
Begin by preheating the oven as directed in the recipe card below. Next, prep your pan.
Place your Salmon on the sheet pan and add Salt and Pepper.
Add the Spices and Mustard into a bowl. Mix Well.
Baste your Salmon with the Mixture.
Bake in the oven. When it is near the end, switch to Broil.
Can I Switch Up the Seasonings?
Feel free to switch up the seasonings you add to your Salmon! This cooking method will work with any spices, herbs, etc. I find that Mustard helps to not only season the Salmon, but to also lock in moisture and prevent overcooking it.
Refrigerate – If you do not finish this Salmon Dish right away, store in the refrigerator for a couple of days. Use your best judgement on when to toss it. I tend to only leave fish in the fridge for 2 days and then will throw it out.
Meal Prep – You could use leftovers for lunch the next day, especially if you are as much of a fan of seafood as we are in my family!
Ways to Serve Salmon
- Roasted Potatoes or Veggies
- Rice or Cauliflower Rice
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Serve Salmon on a Bed of Lettuce and Eat Like a Salad
More Delicious Seafood Recipes to Try
Lemon Parmesan Mahi Mahi Recipe – A quick and easy weeknight dinner to whip up! A Panko Breadcrumb and Parmesan crusted Mahi Mahi that is full of flavor! Made in under 30 minutes!
Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Tuna – A simple One Pan Dinner that is made in under an hour. This Tuna recipe is bursting with flavor.
Grilled Teriyaki Salmon – This recipe only calls for 3 ingredients! So delicious and so simple to make.
- 3 lemons, sliced
- 2 lbs salmon fillet (between 2 and 3 lb fillet works great)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, if desired
- Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with foil. Lay all lemon rounds in an even layer in the center of the pan where the salmon will be placed. Lie the salmon on top and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, garlic, mustard, Cajun seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Brush all over the top of the salmon.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through. The baking time will depend on the size of the slab of salmon.
- Switch the oven to the broil setting and broil for 3-4 minutes, until the butter mixture has thickened. Garnish with green onions before serving.
- Garnish with green onions before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 945mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g