Here is a delicious sheet pan steak fajitas recipe for you to try out. This is a simple and satisfying 30 minute dinner that is made in the oven. This sheet pan steak recipe is one that the whole family will love.
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
Sheet Pan Fajitas
Grab all your favorite fajita toppings and let everyone dress up their own fajitas as they would like. A great busy weeknight dinner idea.
This Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas Recipe Is…
- Made with Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- Thin sliced steak
- Easy sheet pan dinner
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Sheet Pan Recipe
Ingredients You Will Need
Steak – I used a thin sliced sirloin steak for this. You can buy any cut of steak and slice yourself, or sometimes the store has pre-sliced thin steak.
Seasonings – So I made my own fajita seasoning to flavor the meat and veggies with. You are welcome to use your own recipe or a packet. I find homemade tastes better than a packet mix.
Peppers and Onions – Bell peppers and sliced onions pair perfectly with the steak. I recommend red or yellow onions for this recipe.
Tortillas – These are optional but great for piling your meat and veggies in. We have also serve the fajitas as nachos, or eaten with cauliflower rice or white rice instead of tortillas.
Popular Toppings For Fajitas
- Sour Cream
- Avocado or Guacamole
- Pico De Gallo
Feel free to dress up your fajitas any way you want.
How to Make
Full steps on how to make are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a visual walk through for readers to refer to.
Start by prepping your meat and your peppers and onions. Thinly slice into strips and then place on the sheet pan.
Then in a small bowl you will mix up all the spices in the recipe card.
Drizzle the meat and vegetables with oil and then add on the seasoning mix. Use tongs to toss the meat and veggies creating an even coating.
Bake in the oven as directed until the steak is cooked.
Pile your meat and veggies into a tortilla and top with your favorite toppings, and serve fresh and hot from the oven.
Can Prep This Recipe Ahead of Time?
You can dice and slice your veggies and steak, then place in a Ziploc bag. Add in the seasoning and drizzle in oi. Mix to combine and then store in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Then place on baking sheet and cook as directed.
Variations To Recipe
- Use store bought fajita seasoning mix, or make a different kind.
- Drizzle with lime juice right before serving, for added flavor.
- Consider adding sliced mushrooms and diced tomatoes to the veggies.
- For added spice add a jalapeno or two to the peppers.
Store any leftovers you don’t eat in the fridge in an airtight container. Then just warm up in the microwave or in a covered pan in the oven.
Serve just as you would night one and enjoy. This fajita with steak reheats nicely, and tastes really good leftover.
More Sheet Pan Recipes
- BBQ Chicken Sheet Pan
- Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Tuna
- Stir Fry Sheet Pan Dinner
- 12 Sheet Pan Breakfast Recipes
- 2 Lbs. Sirloin Steak Meat, Sliced Thinly
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Red Onion, Sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 8 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 oz. Sour Cream
- 4 oz. Salsa
- 1/2 Bunch Fresh Cilantro (Optional)
- Place the Steak Pieces, Red Bell Pepper, Yellow Bell Pepper and Onion on a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix together the Chili Powder, Cumin, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Salt, and Black Pepper.
- Drizzle Meat and Veggies with Olive Oil, then sprinkle with the seasonings. Toss with tongs to coat everything evenly.
- Bake at 400° F. for 20 Minutes, Stirring everything halfway through.
- Serve on Flour Tortillas with Cheese, Salsa, and Sour Cream! Top with fresh Cilantro if desired.
Prep Ahead Instructions -
- Place the Steak Pieces, Red Bell Pepper, Yellow Bell Pepper and Onion in a large Ziploc bag. Add in Olive Oil and Seasonings to the bag. Seal tightly and shake to mix everything together. Store in the refrigerator until ready to cook!
Cooking Instructions -
- Dump the contents of the bag onto a large baking sheet and spread everything out evenly. Bake at 400° F. for 20 Minutes, stirring everything halfway through. Serve on Flour Tortillas with Cheese, Salsa, and Sour Cream!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 666Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 920mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 47g