Cook this Smothered Mushroom & Gravy Pork Chops recipe on your stovetop in just 30 minutes. This dinner is one of my favorites. The ingredients and steps are so simple so it’s perfect for you to come home to after a busy day with your family. You’ve got to try it!
This easy dinner recipe and so many more can be found in our Weekly Menu Planning System! You can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including recipes like this, for FREE!
You will also get access to our +Plus Membership when you join, so not only will you get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE your menu plan each week!
Why Make Smothered Mushroom & Gravy Pork Chops
- 30 minute dinner idea
- Easy recipe
- Great for busy weeknights
- Simple ingredients
Meat – Boneless pork chops
Pantry – Olive oil, flour, low sodium chicken broth
Produce – White onion, sliced mushrooms, minced garlic
Seasonings – Onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper
Dairy – Butter
How to Make Smothered Mushroom & Gravy Pork Chops
Start by combining your onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into a small bowl.
Then, heat your olive oil in a large skillet, place your pork chops in the pan and sprinkle both sides generously with seasoning mix. You’ll cook on medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side.
Next, remove your pork chops, and add your butter, minced garlic, onion, and mushrooms into the same pan. You’ll saute for around 5-6 minutes, or until the onions and mushrooms are tender.
You’ll, then add in your flour, stir until it’s dissolved, then add in your chicken broth a little at a time, while stirring and as the sauce thickens, until all of your chicken broth has been used.
Finally, add your pork chops back into the pan and cook for another 8-10 minutes until your pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145° F. Serve and enjoy!
More Recipes That You’ll Love!
Creamy Garlic Pork Chops – Try out this 30 minute one-pot dinner idea!
Sheet Pan Ranch Pork Chops & Potatoes – You’ve got to make this simple sheet pan recipe.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork – One of the easiest crock pot recipes you can make!
- 2 Lbs. Boneless Pork Chops
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 White Onion, Diced
- 8 oz. Sliced Mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 16 oz. Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- In a small bowl combine the Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper. Stir together until well mixed.
- Heat the Olive Oil in a large skillet, place the Pork Chops in the pan and sprinkle both sides generously with seasoning mix. Cook on medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Remove Pork Chops from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add Butter, Minced Garlic, Onion, and Mushrooms. Saute until the onions and mushrooms are tender. Around 5-6 minutes.
- Add in flour and stir until it dissolves. Once the flour is dissolved slowly add in Chicken Broth a little at a time while stirring, once the liquid is thickening, add a little more until all the Chicken Broth has been added.
- Add Pork Chops back into the pan and cook another 8-10 minutes until the Pork Chops reach an internal temperature of 145° F.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 516Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 589mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 44g