This Smothered Sour Cream Ranch Chicken is a delicious and creamy chicken recipe that will have your whole family going back for seconds! So simple to create and a great option for prepping ahead! Prep it the night before a busy day and have a delicious dinner ready to go!
This fabulous comfort dinner recipe and so many more can be found in our Weekly Menu Planning System! You can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including recipes like this, for FREE!
You will also get access to our +Plus Membership when you join, so not only will you get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE your menu plan each week!
Why Make This Smothered Sour Cream Ranch Chicken?
- Simple Ingredients
- Great Prep Ahead Option
Chicken – Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts.
Cheese – This recipe is loaded with Cheese! I love how creamy and flavorful it makes it. I recommend Mozzarella Cheese, Grated Parmesan Cheese, Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
Sour Cream – The Sour Cream needed for this Chicken Recipe creates a creamy and delicious flavor.
Package of Ranch Dressing Mix – A delicious, secret ingredient that adds so much to this easy recipe!
Pepper – For Seasoning
Fresh Parsley – Optional, Used to Garnish.
White Rice – I serve this Chicken over White Rice, but feel free to skip it for a lower carb option!
How to Make This Chicken Recipe:
This is a visual walk-through of this recipe. The full recipe and instructions can be found on the recipe card located at the bottom of this post.
If you are serving this recipe over rice, begin by cooking your rice according the package directions.
Spray a 9×13 Baking Dish with Non-Stick Cooking Spray.
Begin my placing the Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast in the Baking Dish.
Top your Chicken with the Mozzarella Cheese Slices.
In a Large Bowl, combine the Sour Cream, Grated Parmesan Cheese, Dry Ranch Dressing Mix, and Black Pepper.
Pour the mixture over the Chicken and spread evenly. Top with Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
Bake in the oven at 375 F. for 1 Hour.
Serve while warm over cooked rice or alone for a low carb option. Top with Fresh Parsley to garnish.
Prep Ahead Instructions:
Prepare Chicken through topping with Parmesan Cheese and then cover with aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to cook. For the best results prepare the same day or the night before.
More Easy Chicken Recipes:
6 Ingredient Parmesan Baked Chicken – Made in under an hour, this simple baked chicken is made with only 6 ingredients but it loaded with flavor~
Ultimate Grilled Chicken – One of my all time favorites and go-to’s for busy weeks! The easiest chicken recipe to make the night before!
Chicken Cordon Bleu – This Chicken Recipe takes only 22 minutes! Pan fried and full of flavor!
- 2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 4 oz. Sliced Mozzarella Cheese (About 6 Slices)
- 16 oz. Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 oz. Package of Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 6 oz. Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cups White Rice, Cooked According to Package Directions
- Fresh Parsley, for Garnish (Optional)
- Cook Rice according to package directions.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast into the Baking Dish.
- Top the chicken with the Mozzarella Cheese Slices.
- In a large bowl combine the Sour Cream, Grated Parmesan Cheese, Ranch Dressing Mix and Black Pepper.
- Pour the Sour Cream mixture over the Chicken Breast and spread evenly.
- Top with the Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 375° F. for 1 hour.
- Serve while warm over cooked rice. Top with fresh parsley if desired.
Prepare Chicken through step 7 and then cover with aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to cook. For the best results prepare the same day or the night before.
Thaw completely and Bake at 375° F. for 1 hour. Serve over cooked rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 726Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 223mgSodium: 1402mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 71g