This creamy ground beef and rice casserole is the perfect comfort food dinner. Seasoned ground beef, rice, in a creamy sauce. Serve this up with your favorite sides! A beef and rice casserole that the kids will beg for seconds.
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
Ground Beef Recipe
This is a great pantry friendly family friendly dinner idea. Simple ingredients with a big flavor payout. Give it a try for a wholesome dinner.
This Creamy Ground Beef And Rice Recipe Is…
- Pantry Friendly Recipe
- Ground Beef Recipe
- Budget Friendly
- Tasty Casserole Recipe
- Kid Friendly
How To Make
Start by working on cooking up your ground beef in a Dutch Oven. Once the meat is done, remove, and drain off excess grease.
Then add in the butter, onion, and garlic and saute. This is going to add depth to your casserole.
Next, add in the broth and rice. Then cook as directed and then let it soak up all the liquid to give you tender rice.
Once ready add in your meat, diced mushrooms, cream soup, and other ingredients.
Add all items into the casserole dish, cover with cheese and bake as directed.
When done dish up with all your favorite sides.
Store any leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days. Then reheat in the microwave or cover tightly in oven safe dish and cook until warmed through.
You can also freeze leftovers. The only downfall is the rice will be a lot softer once it is thawed from being frozen. But the flavor of this creamy ground beef and rice casserole is delicious.
Variations To Recipe
- Use ground turkey or chicken in replace of ground beef. Or even sauce.
- Brown rice or another variety of rice can be swapped. You just need to adjust liquid ratio to ensure the rice cooks.
- Leave out the mushrooms if you want.
- Swap the cheddar cheese with any variety of cheese.
- Double the recipe and freeze one batch before you bake in the oven for a freezer meal.
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 1/2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 1/4 Cups White Rice
- 6 oz. Mushrooms
- 10.5 oz. Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup (Low Sodium)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 4 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- In a large Dutch oven or pot with a lid brown the ground beef over Medium High heat for 8-10 minutes until no longer pink. Drain Fat and set the meat aside.
- In the same pan add the butter, onion and minced garlic. Cook on high for 3-5 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add in the Beef Broth, Rice, Salt, Pepper, and Italian Seasoning and bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce the heat to medium low and cover. Cook for 10 minutes, then add in the mushrooms and cook another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the rice set for 8-10 Minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir back in the Ground Beef, add in the Cream of Mushroom Soup, Milk, Sour Cream and 2 Cups of Cheese.
- Dump everything into a Large 9x13 Casserole or Lasagna dish and then top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25 Minutes at 375° F. Or until bubbly hot all the way through!
Prep Ahead Instructions -
- Prepare the Casserole according to the directions and when you finish step 6 cover with foil and store in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
Cooking Instructions -
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 Minutes at 375° F. Or until bubbly hot all the way through!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 662Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 856mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 48g