These BBQ Chicken Baked Potatoes are an easy dinner to prepare ahead of time when you know you’re going to have a busy week. They’re delicious and are sure to be a hit with your family. Filled with all of your favorite flavors and are so easy to prepare. I can’t wait for you to try them!
This easy dinner recipe and so many more can be found in our Weekly Menu Planning System! You can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including recipes like this, for FREE!
You will also get access to our +Plus Membership when you join, so not only will you get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE your menu plan each week!
Why Make BBQ Chicken Baked Potatoes
- Easy dinner idea
- Prep-ahead option
- Great for busy nights
- Simple ingredients
- 8 ingredients
Chicken – Boneless, skinless chicken breast
Produce – Large baking potatoes, green onions
Seasoning – Salt, pepper
Pantry – Barbecue sauce
Dairy – Monterrey jack cheese, butter
How to Make BBQ Chicken Baked Potatoes
Start by placing your chicken breast in a large casserole dish and cover it with BBQ Sauce. Now, you’ll cook your chicken breast in the oven for 375 degrees for about 35-40 minutes and shred with 2 forks after removing it from your oven.
Next, wash and scrub the outside of your baking potatoes and use a fork to poke holes in your potatoes. You’ll wrap each potato in foil and place them onto your baking sheet.
Then, bake your potatoes in the oven for 425 degrees for 45 minutes or until they’re softened.
Now, remove your potatoes from the oven, split them in half, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and add 1 tbsp. of butter, your shredded BBQ chicken, and top with Monterrey jack cheese and green onions.
Finally, boil them in the oven for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is slightly browned, or cook for another 5-10 minutes if you are not using a broiler. Enjoy!
If you’re cooking your BBQ Chicken Baked Potatoes on a busy night, you can pre-cook your potatoes and chicken and have everything ready to assemble in the fridge ready to go! Then, just bake in the oven at 350 degrees until everything is hot and bubbly.
More Easy Dinner Ideas You’ll Love!
Baked Chicken Flautas – A delicious 35 minute dinner idea.
Slow Cooker Chicken & Corn Chowder – You’ll love this twist on a traditional corn chowder!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mac and Cheese – Your whole family will love this Mac & Cheese recipe!
- 6 Large Baking Potatoes
- 1 Lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 8 oz. Barbecue Sauce
- 8 oz. Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 6 Tbsp. Butter
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste
- 1 Bunch Green Onions (Optional)
- Place your Chicken Breast in a large casserole dish and cover with BBQ Sauce.
- Cook Chicken Breast in the oven at 375° F for about 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and shred with 2 forks or dice into pieces
- Wash & Scrub the outside of the Baking Potatoes, then use a fork to poke holes in the potatoes. Wrap each potato in foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes in the oven at 425° F for 45 minutes or until softened.
- Remove the Potatoes from the oven and cut in half. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper, then add 1 Tbsp. Butter, Shredded BBQ Chicken, and top with Monterrey Jack Cheese and Green Onions.
- Boil in the oven for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is slightly browned, or cook another 5-10 minutes if you are not using a broiler.
If you're cooking these on a busy night, you can pre-cook the potatoes and the chicken and have everything in the refrigerator ready to assemble. Then just bake in the oven at 350° until everything is hot and bubbly! (Around 10-15 minutes)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 735Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 874mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 7gSugar: 16gProtein: 40g