Looking for an easy weeknight dinner for all of those crazy busy nights? This Cheesy Baked Tortellini Casserole is so simple to prepare and absolutely delicious!
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
Click Here to Join MenuPlans.com for FREE for 4 Weeks!
Get your salad and some garlic bread and you’ll have dinner ready to go before you know it! Affordable, simple, and easy. Your kids are gonna love this one!
This Cheesy Baked Tortellini Casserole Is…
- No Fuss Dinner Idea
- Can Use Fresh, Frozen, or Dried Tortellini
- Simple Staple Ingredients
- Budge Friendly
- Kid Friendly
These ingredients are so simple! I love that I can make such a delicious meal with ingredients that everyone is familiar with. Such an easy recipe that tastes so good!
Ground Beef – My goal was to create a meaty sauce, which made the dish heartier. This is optional. You can also swap for ground turkey if you prefer.
Tortellini – Use fresh, refrigerated, frozen, or even dried. I find that fresh offers the best flavor and texture but use what you prefer.
Pasta Sauce – We did a four cheese sauce, but any brand or style works.
Cream Cheese – To create an ultra creamy texture, we mixed in cream cheese. I know this sounds crazy, but it works so well and definitely adds to the dish.
Cheese – Mozzarella and parmesan cheese are what I used to add a cheesy texture to the dish.
Seasonings – Garlic, pepper, and parsley for flavor.
How to Make Cheesy Baked Tortellini Casserole
Cook your ground beef until it is no longer pink. Make sure to drain any excess grease. Cook your pasta until al dente, as directed on the package of pasta you are using.
Add in the seasoning and sauce. Cook for a few minutes to let the flavors blend together. Pour in the cream cheese and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
Toss in the al dente drained tortellini. Mix again. Pour into the baking dish directed below.
Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake as directed below. Once done, let cool and then pair with your favorite sides.
What to Serve With This Cheesy Baked Tortellini
- Caesar Salad
- Garlic Bread, Breadsticks
- Vegetable of Choice
Refrigerating – You will want to refrigerate the pasta leftovers. Place in a sealed container and store for 2-4 days in the fridge. It will dry out a bit once it cools down and sets.
Freezing – You can also freeze your leftovers. Place in a large or single serve container. Freeze for 2-3 months, then, reheat in the oven covered or warm in the microwave until warmed all the way through.
Freezer Meal Steps
- Assemble the dish as you would in the recipe card below.
- Instead of baking, cover and freeze for 2-3 months.
- Place frozen in the oven, covered in tin foil. Bake until it is warmed all the way through.
- Once done, serve and enjoy!
More Easy Pasta Dinners
Cheesy Baked Tortellini Casserole
This Cheesy Baked Tortellini Casserole is the perfect easy weeknight dinner recipe! Full of tender cheese filled ravioli, ground beef meat sauce, cream cheese, and then topped with cheese, this savory dish just can't be beat!
- 2 12 oz. Containers of Cheese Tortellini
- 1 lb. of Ground Beef
- 1 24 oz. Jar of Pasta Sauce
- 8 oz. of Cream Cheese (cubed)
- 1 1/2 cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 3/4 cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley
- Boil the pasta a la dente according to the package instructions. We cooked ours for 10 minutes, but your amount of time might differ depending on the size and brand of your tortellini.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish with baking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the pepper, garlic salt, and parsley.
- Remove the excess grease from the browned beef and then stir in your tomato sauce and cream cheese.
- Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce is thoroughly mixed, Add parmesan cheese and mix. Combine the cooked tortellini with the sauce mixture and then pour it all into the casserole dish; Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered in the center rack of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Switch the oven to broil and continue baking for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the cheese starts to turn golden and bubbly. Serve with garlic bread and salad, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 523Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 1117mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 29g