Serve up this easy taco pasta bake recipe. A simple seasoned ground beef and pasta dinner that offers that crave worthy Tex-Mex flavor. If you want a simple ground beef dinner that is budget friendly, try this today.
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
This Taco Bake Recipe Is
- Budget Friendly
- Simple Prep
- Great for Beginner Cooks
- Kid Friendly
- Tasty Leftover
Ingredients You Will Need
- Ground Beef
- Sour Cream
- Taco Seasoning
- Shredded Cheese
Variations To Recipe
Feel free to swap the ground beef out with any of your favorite proteins. Ground turkey, chicken or pork will work great.
Add in a can of corn and black beans for more flavor to your taco casserole.
Any shape of pasta will work with this recipe.
Mix in a can of Rotel instead of salsa if you want a bit of a different flavor.
Instead of milk you can use heavy cream to make it a creamier texture.
How to Make Taco Pasta Bake
Full directions on how to make this taco casserole bake are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a visual walk through.
Start by cooking your ground beef in a skillet until no longer pink. While beef is cooking follow directions to cook pasta. Once done drain and toss in baking dish.
Add seasoning to the meat and cook to combine. Then you will mix all the ingredients together, and then pour in the pan. Top with cheese and bake.
Helpful Tips For Success
I love this meat chopper, it works great at breaking the meat up as it cooks in the skillet.
Make sure to drain off grease from the meat once cooked. I scrape the meat to one side of the pan. Tilt it slightly and then take a pair of tongs and put a paper towel in the pan and move it around and it soaks up the excess grease.
If you want this to be mild in spice factor use a mild salsa. Or reach for medium or hot salsa if you want to add some spice to the dish.
You can use a Mexican cheese blend to add more flavor to the dish.
Feel free to store leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days. You will find it is best served warm, but it does reheat pretty well. You will find at times the pasta can dry out.
If you opt to bake the pasta in the oven, just add in a splash of milk to stir in once it is a bit warm to help add moisture back into the mixture.
In terms of freezing you will find the pasta can become pretty tender and soft. If you know you are going to freeze some of the pasta, cook your pasta till al dente, to help prevent it from over-cooking.
Craving More Easy Recipes
- Parmesan Chicken Bake
- BBQ Chicken Flatbread
- Ground Beef and Rice Casserole
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork Loin
- 16 Make Ahead Pasta Dishes For Freezing
- 2 Lbs. Ground Beef
- 10 oz. Pasta Shells
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Package of Taco Seasoning Mix (1 oz.)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 12 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Fresh Cilantro (optional)
- Pre-Cook Ground Beef in a Large Skillet over Medium-High Heat until browned completely, drain fat and set aside.
- Pre-Cook Pasta Shells according to Package Directions. Drain Water and set aside.
- In a large 9x13 Baking Dish combine the Ground Beef, Pasta, Sour Cream, Salsa, Taco Seasoning and Milk and stir everything together.
- Top with Cheddar Cheese
- Bake in the oven at 375° F for 30 Minutes. Serve with extra salsa or sour cream and cilantro for garnish.
Prep Ahead Instructions -
- Cook Ground Beef and Pasta. In a 9x13 dish combine Ground Beef, Pasta, Sour Cream, Salsa, Taco Seasoning and Milk and stir everything together. Top with cheese, cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
Cooking Instructions -
- Bake uncovered in the oven at 375° F for 35-40 Minutes. Serve with extra salsa or sour cream and cilantro for garnish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 592Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 682mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 44g