These Grilled Basil Garlic Chicken Tenderloins are the BEST to whip up during the Summer months. This was my first time combining Grilled Chicken with Basil and it was delicious. It’s very important to use Fresh Basil with this recipe, Dried Basil just doesn’t have the same depth of flavor.
This fabulous dinner recipe and so many more can be found in our Weekly Menu Planning System! You can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including recipes like this, for FREE!
You will also get access to our +Plus Membership when you join, so not only will you get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE your menu plan each week!
Why Make These Grilled Basil Garlic Chicken Tenderloins?
- Cook in Just 10 Minutes
- 5 Ingredients
- Budget Friendly
- Perfect for the Summer
- Low Carb
Chicken – Trimmed and Ready Fresh Chicken Tenderloins
Produce – Minced Garlic and Fresh Basil. Remember, it’s super important to make sure you are using Fresh Basil rather than Dried Basil for this Recipe.
Pantry – Salt and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to Make This Recipe
This is a visual walk-through of this recipe for readers. The Full Recipe can be found on the Recipe Card located at the bottom of this post.
In a Small mixing bowl, combine Minced Garlic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tsp. of the Salt, and Fresh Basil. Mix well and pour into gallon-sized plastic bag. Add Chicken Tenderloins and Marinate for 1-4 hours.
Then, pre-heat your grill to Medium and let it heat up for around 12 minutes.
Grill Chicken Tenderloins at Medium Heat for 4 minutes. Flip them over, and grill for 5 more minutes. (Your grilling time may vary depending on how hot your grill is.)
Remove from grill and place on a platter covered loosely with foil. Let rest for five minutes and serve with Veggies and Roasted New Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, or any other Summer side you like! Store covered in fridge for up to four days.
What is the Flavor of Basil?
The herb Basil has a pungent, distinct flavor that is a mix between sweet and savory. The initial impression is peppery, but there are sweet undertones.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes You Will LOVE!
Sweet and Spicy Grilled Chicken – A fantastic weeknight grilled chicken recipe that is made in under 30 minutes!
Ultimate Grilled Chicken Recipe – Perfect for busy moms! One of my FAVORITE Grilled Chicken recipes!!
Honey Asian Garlic Chicken Kebabs – Made in under 30 minutes and perfect for the Summer!
- 2 lbs. Trimmed Chicken Tenderloins
- 3 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Chopped, Fresh Basil
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a Small Mixing bowl, combine Garlic, Olive Oil, Salt and Basil. Mix well and pour into gallon-sized plastic bag. Add Chicken Tenderloins and Marinate for 1-4 hours.
- Preheat Grill to Medium and let it heat up for 12 minutes. Grill Chicken Tenderloins at Medium Heat for 4 minutes. Flip them over, and Grill for 5 more minutes. (Your grilling time may vary depending on how hot your grill is).
- Remove from the grill and place on a platter covered loosely with foil. Let rest for five minutes and serve with Veggies and Grilled Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, or any other Summer side you like!
- Store covered in the fridge for up to four days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 193mgSodium: 751mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 71g