Low Carb Garlic Parmesan shrimp is an easy low carb 30-minute dinner that is so easy to whip up. You have juicy shrimp that is smothered in a creamy low carb sauce.
Low Carb Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
This garlic parmesan shrimp is one that we make a lot. You will love this recipe if you are a seafood lover. The creamy sauce tricks your brain and makes you think it is guilty.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
Step 1: In a skillet, you will add your oil and add your shrimp and season it with salt and pepper. Once your shrimp is done, you will remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
Step 2: Now add in butter and garlic. Saute it for 2-3 minutes to deglaze your pan. Then you will heat to deglaze the pan.
Step 3: Reduce the heat to low and add in your half and a half and chicken broth. Stir and allow it to simmer until the liquid evaporates a bit.
Step 4: Add in your parmesan cheese and finish cooking until it begins to melt. Once it is melted then she will stir in the shrimp and then mix it up and serve.
What To Serve With Parmesan Shrimp
You can pair with zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice, or eat alone without anything else. You might even find cloud bread is a nice pairing for the low carb option.
Can I Use Pre-Cooked Shrimp For This Recipe
Unfortunately if you go to reheat pre-cooked shrimp you will find it overcooks the shrimp and makes it rather rubbery in texture. But feel free to use raw that you cook or thaw frozen.
If you do use pre-cooked shrimp just know that it will alter the texture of the shrimp.
Interested In More Recipes
- Teriyaki Salmon | Here is a great recipe for you to try if you are a fan of salmon.
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes | Dive into one or more of these easy breakfast recipes that are so easy to make. Great for busy mornings when you need something fast.
- Baked Low Carb Chicken Parmesan | Get the flavors of chicken parmesan but in a low carb form. So easy and quick prep you will want to make it over and over again.
Low Carb Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
This quick and easy Low-Carb Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Recipe is the best way to bring the ocean to your home! All the flavors you love without all the carbs of pasta!
- 1 Lb. Peeled & Devined Shrimp
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 Cups Half and Half
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Shredded
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- In a large skillet heat 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Add Shrimp and season with Salt and Pepper
- Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes until they turn a light pink color
- Remove Shrimp from the pan and set aside
- In the same pan add in 1/4 Cup Butter and Minced Garlic. Saute for 2-3 Minutes to de-glaze the pan
- Reduce Heat to Low and add in Chicken Broth and Half and Half, stir gently and allow to simmer until some of the liquid evaporates
- Slowly add in Parmesan Cheese and continue to stir until melted (Note: Freshly grated or shredded Parmesan will melt better than store bought shredded, so I always buy the block or wedge of cheese and shred it at home!)
- Add back in the Shrimp and stir, Garnish with Freshly chopped parsley and serve warm!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 519Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 324mgSodium: 2370mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 36g