These Oven Baked Fish Bites are such an easy and fun dinner the whole family can enjoy. If you’re trying to cut out processed foods but are missing fish sticks, these are the perfect option for a weeknight dinner. Make them in under an hour and with minimal ingredients. Seriously, this recipe couldn’t be easier. I can’t wait for you to try them!
This easy dinner recipe and so many more can be found in our Weekly Menu Planning System! You can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including recipes like this, for FREE!
You will also get access to our +Plus Membership when you join, so not only will you get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE your menu plan each week!
Why Make Oven Baked Fish Bites
- Easy dinner recipe
- Dinner in under an hour
- Simple instructions
- Minimal ingredients
- Healthier alternative
Fish – Cod fillets, the thicker the better
Pantry – Olive oil, panko bread crumbs, non stick spray
Seasoning – Old Bay seafood seasoning, salt, black pepper
Refrigerated – Eggs
How to Make Oven Baked Fish Bites
Start by pre-heating your oven to 425 degrees and in a small bowl, add your panko bread crumbs, Old Bay, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Now, spread your coated panko on a baking sheet.
You’ll bake for 5-8 minutes and then pour your panko into a shallow bowl. Now, cut your cod into 1-2 inch long slices, depending on if you want sticks or bites.
Next, wipe your baking sheet clean and place a place a wire rack on top of your baking sheet.
After, take your cod bites, dip into your eggs, then into your bread crumbs, and place them on your wire rack on at a time. You’ll repeat until all of your bites are placed on your baking sheet.
Then, place into your oven and cook for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of your fish.
Finally, remove from the oven and serve them up! Your fish bites should be tender and should easily break apart once they are done. Enjoy!
More Easy Dinner Recipes!
Baked Chicken Flautas – Make this delicious dinner in just 35 minutes!
Slow Cooker Chicken & Corn Chowder – Try this fun twist on a traditional chowder recipe.
White Pizza Dip – You’ll love this as a game day appetizer!
- 1 pound cod fillets (about 4 medium fillets, the thicker the better)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1⁄2 TBSP Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄8 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Nonstick spray
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, add Panko, Old Bay, Salt and Pepper and olive oil; stir to coat crumbs.
- Spread coated Panko on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5-8 minutes, or until browned but not burnt.
- Remove and pour Panko into a shallow bowl.
- Cut cod into 1-2 inch long slices, depending on if you want sticks or bites (the fish will shrink a bit when cooked).
- Wipe your baking sheet clean, then place a wire rack on top of the baking sheet (make sure it’s metal, not plastic).
- One at a time, take the cod sticks, dip into eggs, then into bread crumbs, pressing slightly to adhere the crumbs place onto a wire rack (Sprayed with Cooking Spray) on top of the baking sheet. **
- Repeat until all fish is coated and placed on wire rack.
- Place into oven and cook for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of your fish.
- Fish sticks should be tender and easily break apart once they are done.
**Using a wire rack to bake allows the bottom of the fish sticks to get crispy as well.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 155mgSodium: 736mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 33g