10 minutes is all it takes to prep and get your Slow Cooker beef and broccoli cooking for dinner. Tender sliced beef, broccoli florets in an incredible sauce that brings the whole dish together.
Serve up with classic white rice, cauliflower rice, or even over a bed of pasta or potatoes. This beef and broccoli recipe will instantly become a family favorite.
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
If you don’t have the time for a long drawn out prep for dinner, whip this up! Restaurant quality beef and broccoli all made at home in your slow cooker.
Another easy recipe is this chicken alfredo lasagna, my family loves it as well.
What Is The Beef Used In This Recipe
I bought a beef roast that I snagged on sale and sliced up into thin strips. Check with the butcher at the grocery store. A lot of times they will slice it however you request for free.
This will save you even more time for prepping if you have them slice it while you finish up your shopping.
You are more than welcome to use other cuts of roast, steaks, etc. They all work great. I just love the marble of the fat paired with the meat from a chuck roast. Plus they are affordable.
- Roast thinly sliced
- Beef broth, we bought low sodium
- Brown Sugar
- Soy Sauce, low sodium
Basic ingredients that you might already have on hand in your pantry and fridge.
How to Make
The full directions are in the printable recipe card below. Here is a quick run over of how to prep your slow cooker beef recipe.
Start by making sure your roast is thinly sliced into strips. Once you have it all cut up toss in your slow cooker.
Now grab a bowl and work on making the sauce. Mix together broth, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic and pour that into your slow cooker.
Cook for around 5 hours, then remove around 1/3 cup of the sauce. Whisk in your cornstarch in that 1/3 cup of sauce.
Pour back into the slow cooker along with the broccoli. Finish cooking and then pair with your favorites. Rice is our go-to way to serve up this dish.
Searching For More Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Simple Cleanup
If you have never tried the slow cooker liners you have to! Just place one in your slow cooker before you cook, and toss in ingredients.
Once done you just remove any leftover food to store. Then throw the liner away. No more late-night scrubbing to get stock on food off your slow cooker pot!
Slow Cooker Beef & Broccoli
Slow cooker beef and broccoli is an easy weeknight dinner recipe you can make with minimal prep. Broccoli beef is hearty, savory, and downright delicious!
- 1 1/2 lb Beef Chuck Roast, Sliced Thinly
- 14.5 oz Can of Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 1/2 Cup (4 oz) Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 - 12 oz Bags of Broccoli Florets
- 2 Cups Uncooked White or Brown Rice
- In a small bowl combine Beef Broth, Brown Sugar, Soy Sauce and Garlic.
- Slice the Beef Chuck Roast into thin strips and place evenly over the bottom of the Slow Cooker.
- Pour sauce over the beef strips evenly and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove approximately 1/3 Cup of Liquid from the slow cooker and whisk with the Cornstarch.
- Add Liquid Corn Starch Mixture back into the Slow Cooker and mix well.
- Add Frozen Broccoli on top of beef mixture and cook on Low another 1 hour or until Broccoli and Beef is Tender.
- In a Separate Pan Cook 2 Cups of Rice and 4 Cups of Water according to package directions.
TIP: I use my instant pot to cook rice, you only need about 2 1/2 cups of water for 2 cups of rice in an instant pot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 545Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 438mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 6gSugar: 20gProtein: 40g