Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup is one of our favorite ways to cook up tortellini. A creamy and rich sauce that is filled with cheese-filled tortellini. Spoon up this soup for an easy weeknight dinner idea!
Craving more of our favorite slow cooker recipes? Try the turkey sloppy joes, beef and broccoli, or steak fajitas.
Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup
No need to order from your favorite restaurant! Just make this soup at home in no time. It is crazy simple to prep and before you know it lunch or dinner is ready.
What Is The Best Tortellini To Use
I love to head to our local refrigerated section at the store and buy the Buitoni pasta. I find it is our family’s favorite and offers wonderful flavor and texture to the soup.
You can of course buy other brands or styles if you have a preference for something different. If you use a dry pasta you will of course need to adjust the cooking time as it could take longer to fully cook.
Can I Swap Out The Chicken In Recipe
Yes, you are more than welcome to cook up say Italian sausage, turkey or other types of meat. If you do a ground meat just cook it up first, and then put in the slow cooker to cook the rest of the soup.
How Do You Store
I place all leftover soup in an airtight container and then store it in the fridge for up to three days. If you make this meatless you can store for a few extra days.
Always use your best judgement in terms of quality if the food is still good or not.
How Do You Thicken Soup
If you prefer a thicker soup you can easily make this soup even thicker. The heavy cream is going to make this thicker and creamier. If you feel like you don’t want it this thin, mix cornstarch and water together and whisk into your hot soup.
Then let it cook for a bit longer stirring and it will thicken more.
When To Serve Up This Slow Cooker Soup
- Weeknight Dinner
- Party Food For A Crowd
- Use leftover turkey after the holidays for a new dish
- Serve this up for lunch with a sandwich
Crockpot Tortellini Soup
This is the PERFECT tasty, inexpensive, and easy recipe to add to your meal planning this week!!
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded or Diced Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil
- 6 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 - 28 oz. Cans of Whole Tomatoes
- 32 oz. Carton of Chicken Broth
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 - 16 oz. Package of Refrigerated Tortellini
- 1 Cup. Heavy Cream
- In a small skillet heat Olive Oil and saute Onion, Carrots, and Garlic for 3-4 minutes
- Add mixture to the Slow Cooker
- Slowly add Tomatoes, Chicken Broth, Basil, Sugar, Salt, and Pepper
- Cook on High 3 Hours (or low for 6 hours)
- Puree Mixture with an Emulsion Blender
- Add in Tortellini and Cook another 15-30 Minutes
- Slowly add in Heavy Cream and Stir
- Top each bowl with Parmesan Cheese when serving
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 601Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 1485mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 9gSugar: 18gProtein: 22g