I love coming home after a cold day to this Vegetable Beef Stew. It’s the perfect dinner in the Fall and Winter. The ingredients are simple and the directions are easy to follow, making it a great option for busy days during the Holidays. I can’t wait for you to try this one!
This easy dinner recipe and so many more can be found in our Weekly Menu Planning System! You can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including recipes like this, for FREE!
Also, you will get access to our +Plus Membership when you join, so not only will you get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE your menu plan each week!
Why Make Vegetable Beef Stew
- Easy dinner idea
- Made in just 1 hour
- Simple ingredients
- Great for busy weeks
- Perfect for cold days
- Easy directions
Meat – Beef stew meat or leftover beef pot roast
Produce – Yellow onion, baking potatoes, carrots, celery
Pantry – Olive oil, can of tomato sauce
Frozen – Frozen mixed vegetables, frozen cut okra
Seasoning – Salt, pepper
Other – Water
How to Make Vegetable Beef Stew
Start by cutting your meat into bite-sized pieces and heat your olive oil in a large stock pot.
Next, slowly add in your meat and season with salt and pepper. Cook your meat until it’s browned evenly and then add in your tomato sauce, water, onion, potatoes, carrots, celery, and mixed vegetables.
Then, mix well and cover and simmer on low for 20-25 minutes.
After, add in your okra and simmer on low for another 20 minutes.
Finally, serve this stew with cornbread or biscuits. Such a great dinner for chilly nights. You’ll love it!
Can I Cook This Stew in a Crock Pot?
You are also welcome to make this recipe using a crock pot! Just cook your meat in a skillet and add all of your ingredients into your crock pot. Cook on high for 4-5 hours and serve!
More Easy Dinner Recipes to Try!
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup – A slow cooker soup that is great for cold weather!
Loaded Steak Soup – The ultimate comfort food recipe.
Cheesy Potato Soup – You’ll love this super easy soup recipe.
- 1 1/2 Lbs. of Beef Stew Meat (Or Leftover Beef Pot Roast works)
- 1-2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Small Yellow Onion
- 2 Large Baking Potatoes Peeled and Diced
- 1/2 lb. of Carrots Diced (You can use Whole or Baby Carrots)
- 2 Stalks of Celery Diced (Optional)
- 1 10.5-oz. Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups. Water
- 1 12-oz. Bag of Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 1 12-oz. Bag of Frozen Cut Okra
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Cut meat into small bite-sized pieces
- Heat Olive Oil in a Large Stock Pot,
- Slowly add meat and season with Salt and Pepper.
- Cook Meat until browned evenly.
- Add in Tomato Sauce, Water, Onion, Potatoes, Carrots, Celery, and Mixed Vegetables ***
- Stir until well mixed
- Cover and simmer on Low for 20-25 Minutes
- Add in Frozen Cut Okra and Cover and simmer another 20 Minutes on Low
- Serve with your favorite Cornbread or Biscuits!
*** Optional: Cook Meat in a Skillet, then add Meat and all other remaining ingredients to a Crock-Pot and cook 4-5 hours on High.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 524Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 572mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 10gSugar: 10gProtein: 52g