Whip up this BBQ chicken French bread pizza for a simple lunch or dinner. Grab a rotisserie chicken to simplify the prep even more. A delicious BBQ chicken that is topped with red onions, mozzarella, and baked to golden perfection.
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
Easy French Bread Pizza
Barbecue chicken pizza combines a sweet and tangy sauce, juicy chicken, sharp red onions and a topping of mozzarella cheese.
Not only is this French bread pizza tasty, but it is budget-friendly. You can use pre-cooked chicken as well, if you have some on hand. I love to batch cook chicken then freeze for meals like this.
This Pizza Recipe Is
- Just 5 Ingredients Needed
- Great Rotisserie Chicken Recipe
- Budget Friendly
- Ready in 20 minutes
- Kid Friendly
What Do You Need For Recipe
Chicken – You will want to use cooked chicken for this recipe. Whether it is diced up or shredded both work great. If you have some rotisserie chicken that is what I used for it. I just de-boned the chicken.
BBQ Sauce – Use any flavor of sauce you want. Whether it is a sweet sauce, Kansas city blend, or reach for a bit of spice.
Onion – Red onion is what we prefer to use on this pizza.
Mozzarella Cheese – Shredded, freshly grated, or sliced works for this recipe.
Parsley – Garnish your pizza if you would like. This is optional.
How to Make BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza
The full directions for this pizza are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick walk-through on how to make your pizza.
Step 1: Slice and place your bread on a baking sheet as directed.
Step 2: Now spread on your bbq sauce as noted in recipe card. Make sure to create an even layer.
Step 3: Next, sprinkle on chicken, cheese and onions. Then bake in a preheated oven as directed.
Step 4: Slice and serve up with salad, veggies, etc.
What To Serve With This Pizza
- Veggies and a Dip
- Cucumbers Tomato Salad
- Pasta salad
You will find this pizza is best served fresh. But if you don’t eat it all right away, simply store leftovers in the fridge for 2-3 days. Then reheat in the microwave or the oven until the pizza is warmed through.
Variations To Recipe
- Swap shredded chicken with crumbled chicken or diced turkey.
- Add on some peppers.
- Sprinkle on some jalapeno peppers for spice.
- Drizzle a little ranch at the end for a creamy twist of flavor.
- Leave off onions if you need to.
Craving More Recipes
- 1 Loaf French Bread from the Bakery
- 12 oz. Barbecue Sauce
- 16 oz. Pulled Rotisserie Chicken
- 1/2 Red Onion, Sliced Thinly
- 16 oz. Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Parsley, Optional For Garnish
- Cut your French Bread in half lengthwise.
- Brush each open side of the French Bread with about 4 oz. or 1/3 of the barbecue sauce.
- In a small bowl combine the pulled rotisserie chicken and remaining 8 oz. of the barbecue sauce. Stir everything together.
- Spread the Chicken evenly over the open French Bread Pieces
- Top with Sliced Onion and Mozzarella
- Bake in the oven at 400 ° for 12-15 Minutes
- Garnish with Fresh Parsley and slice into pieces using a Pizza Cutter.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 510Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 1343mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 35g