Taco Pizza is always welcome in our home. Tender crust loaded with seasoned ground beef, cream cheese base, and piled up with toppings. A taco pizza recipe that takes no time to make.
Taco pizza is great to make for an easy dinner or opt to make for serving a crowd. Pair with a side salad and ring that dinner bell.
How to Make
Step 1: Start by cooking your ground beef in a skillet, and then add in your water and taco seasoning. This is going to season your ground beef nicely.
Step 2: Once your beef is done, set aside, and then grease your baking sheet. Roll out your pizza dough and cook according to the printable recipe card below.
Step 3: Once you remove the pizza dough, you will spread your cream cheese based mixture on top of the hot pizza crust. Then start to pile on all your pizza.
Then slice and serve up your homemade pizza!
Can I Use Ground Turkey
Not a fan of ground beef? Go right ahead and use ground turkey in replace of ground beef if you would like. You are welcome to do ground pork or even ground chicken.
If you like ground turkey, try my ground turkey sloppy joes made in the slow cooker.
Can I Double This Recipe
You are more than welcome to make multiple pizzas if you need. The one thing is you might need to batch cook your pizza.
Then slice and serve as you go. You can batch cook the meat and prep all the veggies at once if you plan to serve a larger crowd.
Can I Use Refried Beans On Taco Pizza
Most taco pizzas have a refried beans crust. This recipe I wanted to use sour cream and cream cheese as the base sauce. But, if you don’t want that go right ahead and reach for refried beans.
Or you could do a layer of beans and top with the cream cheese mixture, then pile on the toppings. Either way it is so satisfying.
- 13.8 oz. Roll of Refrigerated Pizza Dough (13 oz.)
- 1 Lb, Ground Beef, Cooked
- 1 Package of Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 8 oz. Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 8 oz. Salsa
- 2 Cups Shredded Lettuce
- 2 Cups Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 Medium Tomato, Diced
- Cook your Ground Beef in a skillet over medium high heat until browned, then drain the fat from the meat and return to the pan
- Add the Taco Seasoning package to 1/2 cup water and stir
- Pour Taco Seasoning over the meat and bring to a boil, stirring until the water cooks off
- Remove the meat from your stove and set aside
- Grease a Baking Sheet using Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Roll out Pizza Dough to approximately 10"x15"
- Bake in the Oven at 425° for 15 minutes until crust is golden brown on the edges
- In a small bowl combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, and chili powder
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of your pizza crust after you remove it from the oven
- top with salsa, cooked ground beef, lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes
- Serve immediately!
Optional: You can add in any Taco Toppings that you like, some of my favorites are Jalapenos, Olives, and Guacamole!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 757Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 163mgSodium: 1030mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 39g