BBQ Turkey Burgers are an easy and delicious turkey burger recipe. Seasoned ground turkey recipe that is juicy and bursting with flavor. Pair these burgers with all your favorite sides.
BBQ Turkey Burgers
If you have some ground turkey you might want to try out this easy ground turkey burger recipe. Make for your family or for a crowd.
Simple, easy, affordable, and so delicious. Pair with your favorite sides and dive in! Turn your grill on, and let’s get grilling.
How to Make
Step 1: Start by adding your ground turkey, barbecue sauce, onions, bread crumbs and seasonings. You will want to mix up the burger mix until it is fully combined.
Step 2: Form your hamburger patties. I did 1/3 pound burgers, it made 6 out of this batch.
Step 3: Place patties in the fridge covered for at least 1 hour to chill down. You will want to make sure your burgers get chilled. Don’t skip this step.
Step 4: Now you will want to turn the grill to medium-high heat and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side. You want your internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Brush with the remaining bbq sauce and then top with all your favorite burger toppings.
How to Store Leftover Turkey Burgers
If you don’t eat all your burgers just place them in the fridge until you are ready to reheat them. Just make sure to use your best judgement in terms of food quality.
Most meats can only be stored in the fridge for up to three days.
What to Serve With Burgers
- Cucumber and Onions
- Potato Salad
- French Fries
- Onion Rings
Honestly eat these turkey burgers plain or pair with all your favorite sides. They are so easy to make and satisfying.
Can I Cook These Turkey Burgers In A Skillet on the Stove
Yes, you are more than welcome to cook your burgers in a skillet over medium heat. You will cook your hamburgers until no longer pink on the inside and reach proper internal temperature.
Does This Recipe Double
Absolutely! If you are planning to feed a crowd or want to meal prep some extra burger go ahead. You might just need to batch cook your hamburgers if your grill isn’t large enough.
- 2 Lbs. Ground Turkey
- 1 Cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 Red Onion, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 Package of Hamburger Buns
- 1/2 Red Onion (For serving)
- 1 Tomato (For Serving)
- 1/2 Head of Lettuce (For Serving)
- In a large bowl combine the Ground Turkey, 2/3 of a cup of Barbecue Sauce, Onion, Bread Crumbs, and seasonings in a large bowl and mix everything together
- Form into 6 1/3 Lb. Patties and place on a Baking Sheet or in a Ziploc Bag if preparing ahead of time
- Place patties into the fridge or freezer for at least 1 hour to chill
- Grill on Medium-High Heat for 6 Minutes on each side, until the internal temperature reaches 165°
- Brush with the remaining 1/3 Cup of Barbecue Sauce and serve with your choice of lettuce, tomato, and onion
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 550Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 160mgSodium: 1110mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 41g