These Cheesy Chicken Turnovers are one of my favorite weeknight dinners. This dinner is made in just one hour, so it’s perfect for busy nights. The flakey and buttery crust on these turnovers is delicious. I can’t wait for you to try it!
This easy dinner recipe and so many more can be found in our Weekly Menu Planning System! You can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including recipes like this, for FREE!
You will also get access to our +Plus Membership when you join, so not only will you get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE your menu plan each week!
Why Make Cheesy Chicken Turnovers
- Easy dinner idea
- Made in an hour
- Simple ingredients
- Easy directions
Meat – Chicken
Produce – Tomato
Dairy – Salted butter, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced American cheese, milk
Seasoning – Garlic powder, salt, pepper
Pantry – Flour, sugar, mayonnaise
Other – Cold water
How to Make Cheesy Chicken Turnovers
To make your pie crust, combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Then, slowly cut in your softened butter with a fork and slowly add in about 1/4 cup of water.
Now, you’ll form 1 ball of of dough and roll it into a large rectangular shape on a parchment lined baking sheet. You can set your crust aside.
To make your filling, combine your chopped chicken, tomato, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and place everything on one side of your pie crust. Top it with your American cheese slices.
Next, fold your pie crust over the filling, press the edges with a fork, and poke holes in top of the turnover using a fork.
Now, brush the top of your turnover with your milk and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until it’s golden brown. Enjoy!
More Easy Dinner Ideas to Try!
Grilled Greek Chicken – Bring Greek cuisine right to your kitchen with this dinner!
Bacon Ranch Chicken Kebabs – The perfect dinner for summer nights!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mac and Cheese – A 35 minute dinner idea you’ll love!
- 2½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1½ tsp. Sugar
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) Chilled and Softened, Salted Butter
- ¼ Cup COLD Water
- 2 Cups Chicken, Cooked & Chopped
- ¾ Cup Chopped Tomato
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- 6 Slices of American Cheese or Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- Combine Flour, Sugar, and Salt in a Bowl
- Slowly Cut in Softened Butter with a Fork
- Slowly add in about ¼ Cup Water
- Form 1 Ball of Dough
- Roll into a Large Rectangular Shape on Parchment Lined Baking Sheet
- Set Pie Crust Aside
- Combine Chopped Chicken, Tomato, Cheddar Cheese, Mayonnaise, Salt, Pepper, & Garlic Powder
- Place Filling onto One Side of Pie Crust and Top with American Cheese slices
- Fold Over Pie Crust Over Turnover Filling Press Edges with a Fork and Poke Holes in the top of the turnover using a fork
- Brush the top of the pie crust with the 2 Tbsp. of Milk and a Pastry Brush
- Bake at 375 Degrees for 45 Minutes or until Golden Brown
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 598Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 907mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 28g