Whip up this easy taco bake for dinner tonight. Rice, cheese, seasoned ground beef, black beans, and more. This Mexican beef and rice is such an easy dinner recipe.
This taco bake is one that I use for meal planning. I find it is a super simple meal-prep that allows me to have dinner on the table in no time. The kids love it!
- Sour Cream
- Pico De Gallo
- Sliced Avocado
- Black Olives
Eat this rice and beef mixture plain or pile on the toppings of your choice. It is up to you how you want to serve this dinner.
Can I Use Brown Rice In Replace Of White
Absolutely! You are more than welcome to swap out from white rice to brown rice. I tend to just grab what we have in our pantry. We enjoy all types of rice so we are open to the swap.
How to Make
Step 1: Start by cooking your rice as directed, and when done set aside.
Step 2: You will add your raw ground beef in skillet along with onions and cook till no longer pink. Add in your taco seasoning once the meat is cooked through.
Step 3: Now add in your corn, diced tomatoes with chilis, and beans. Stir until well incorporated.
Step 4: Now grease your 9×13 pan. Add in your rice in an even layer. Then top with the meat mixture. See how easy it is to assemble this taco bake casserole.
Step 5: Once your mixture is in, top with cheese then bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees!
The full instructions and the ingredient list are in the printable recipe card below!
Can I Double Taco Casserole
Absolutely! If you plan to serve a larger crowd you are more than welcome to double the recipe. Just reach for a second pan or if you have a larger baking pan you can use that instead.
Variations To Taco Bake Recipe
- Use ground turkey or even ground chicken in replace of beef
- Use Quinoa instead of rice for a higher fiber twist
- Leave out corn if you want, or replace with another vegetable
- Go meatless if you don’t want meat. Just add a second can of beans if you would like
There are many ways to transform this dish to fit exactly what you want. Feel free to change it up to fit what you think will taste best.
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 Onion, Chopped
- 1 Cup Canned Corn, Rinsed and Drained
- 10 oz. Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis
- 15 oz. Canned Black Beans
- 1/2 of a 1 oz. Package Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups Cooked Rice (1 Cup Uncooked Rice)
- 2 Cups Colby Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese
- Cook rice and set aside.
- Chop onions and cook with your ground beef until no longer pink.
- Add Taco Seasoning, corn, diced tomatoes with green chilis and beans.
- Spray 9 X 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add cooked rice evenly into the bottom of the dish and add the mixture of meat.
- Sprinkle with Shredded Cheese and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 682mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 6gSugar: 2gProtein: 29g