Chicken Cordon Bleu is an easy weeknight dinner idea. Breaded chicken breast, deli ham, Swiss cheese, all cooked to perfection. This chicken cordon bleu recipe will taste better than ordering takeout from your favorite recipe!
This easy dinner recipe and so many more can be found in our Weekly Menu Planning System! You can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including recipes like this, for FREE!
You will also get access to our +Plus Membership when you join, so not only will you get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE your menu plan each week!
Why Make Chicken Cordon Bleu?
- 22 Minute Dinner Idea
- Low Carb Dinner
- Simple Ingredients
Meat – Small Chicken Cutlets or Breast Filets, Deli Ham
Seasoning – Salt, Pepper
Dairy – Swiss Cheese, Parmesan Cheese
Pantry – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Cooking Wine, Panko Breadcrumbs
Produce – Fresh Parsley, optional
Start by seasoning your pepper with salt and pepper. Then in a small bowl add your breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl and mix it up.
Once you have it mixed up, coat your chicken, and gently press down to make sure it sticks to your meat.
Then in a large pan heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add your chicken cutlets, and cook 3-4 minutes on each side.
Once all the chicken is done you will then return chicken to pan and top with ham and a slice of Swiss cheese.
Pour your broth over the top of the chicken and place the lid on and cook till the cheese has melted. Then you are ready to serve up one incredible chicken dinner recipe!
Storing Leftover Cordon Bleu
You will want to store your cordon bleu in the fridge. It will store for around 3 days in the fridge. I recommend using your best judgment. It is best when served warm and fresh, but it does reheat pretty well.
More Easy Chicken Dinners to Try!
Grilled Basil Garlic Chicken Tenderloins – A delicious chicken dinner that’s bursting with flavor!
Bacon Ranch Chicken Kebabs – An easy and fun dinner your whole family will love!
Touchdown Worthy Game Day Baked Chicken – The BEST Game Day meal! Perfect for tailgates!
- 6 Small Chicken Cutlets or 1.5-2 lbs Breast Filets (Large Breasts Can be Cut in Half)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Slices Deli Ham
- 6 Slices Swiss Cheese
- 1/2 cup White Wine (Can substitute chicken broth if desired)
- Parmesan cheese (for garnish, optional)
- Parsley, Chopped (for garnish, optional)
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Combine the Panko breadcrumbs and the Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Coat the chicken with the breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, lidded skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the cutlets (working in batches of 3-4 pieces of chicken if necessary to avoid crowding) and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. (Be sure to wipe the skillet clean before repeating with the remaining chicken pieces).
- Return the chicken pieces to the skillet. Top each piece of chicken with a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Gently pour the chicken broth over the top of the chicken and cover with a lid. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with extra parmesan cheese and parsley if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 626Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 199mgSodium: 806mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 49g