This Chicken Rigatoni is a time saver during your busy weeknights. When you precook your chicken and rigatoni, you can have this dinner ready in 20 minutes or less! There’s only 6 ingredients needed for this recipe, so it definitely saves you some money and time at the grocery store. If you’re a fan of Italian food, you’ve got to try this one.
This easy dinner recipe and so many more can be found in our Weekly Menu Planning System! You can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including recipes like this, for FREE!
You will also get access to our +Plus Membership when you join, so not only will you get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE your menu plan each week!
Why Make Chicken Rigatoni
- Easy dinner idea
- Can be ready in just 20 minutes
- Only 6 ingredients
- Simple ingredients
- Easy directions
Chicken – Boneless, skinless chicken breast
Pantry – Rigatoni noodles, marinara sauce
Cheese – Mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese
Produce – Fresh parsley
How to Make Chicken Rigatoni
Start by pre-cooking your chicken breast in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees, if you’re using un-cooked chicken breast, or use rotisserie chicken and chop into bite-size pieces.
Then, you’ll cook your rigatoni noodles and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
You’ll then mix your chicken, noodles, marinara sauce, 1 cup of your mozzarella cheese, and all of your parmesan cheese into a large mixing bowl.
Then, spoon everything into your casserole dish, sprinkle some extra mozzarella on top, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Enjoy!
How Can I Save Time Cooking This Recipe?
I like to cook my chicken and noodles ahead of time, then on the day of cooking, it only takes 20 minutes and your meal is done! Also, using rotisserie chicken is a great time saver!
More Pasta Recipes You’ll Love!
Stuffed Shell Casserole – This is one of my favorites! So simple and delicious.
Tuscan Chicken Pasta – You can make this tasty pasta in under an hour!
5 Ingredient Pasta Parmesan Soup – Make this pasta soup for a comforting meal.
- 8 oz. Rigatoni Noodles, Cooked
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Cooked and Chopped
- 1 25 oz. Jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Parsley, if desired for garnish
- Pre-Cook Chicken Breast in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees if using un-cooked chicken breast, or use Rotisserie Chicken. Chop chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Cook rigatoni noodles if not already cooked.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cooked and chopped chicken, cooked noodles, marinara sauce, 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese and all the parmesan cheese.
- Spoon into a large casserole dish.
- Sprinkle extra mozzarella (about 1/2 cup) on top and bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
I like to cook my chicken and noodles ahead of time, then on the day of cooking, it only takes 20 minutes and your meal is done! Also using rotisserie chicken is a great time saver!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 501Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 1111mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 51g