This Stuffed Shell Casserole is a delicious and crazy easy meal to make for all your busy week nights. It is sure to be a crowd pleaser and a meal you can make in under an hour. The ingredients and instructions are super simple so you don’t have to stress over dinner. I can’t wait for you to try it!
This easy dinner recipe and so many more can be found in our Weekly Menu Planning System! You can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including recipes like this, for FREE!
You will also get access to our +Plus Membership when you join, so not only will you get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE your menu plan each week!
Why Make Stuffed Shell Casserole
- Easy dinner idea
- Great for large crowds
- Made in under an hour
- Only 8 ingredients
- Simple ingredients
Pasta – Jumbo Shells
Dairy – Cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, grated parmesan cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese
Pantry – Pepper, marinara sauce, salt
Frozen – Frozen chopped spinach
How to Make Stuffed Shell Casserole
You’ll start by cooking your shell pasta for 2 minutes less than the package directions and then draining them.
After draining, defrost your frozen spinach and press out the extra liquid.
Next, stir together your cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, 1 cup of your grated mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and then stir it all into your spinach.
After mixing everything together, you’ll scoop 2 Tbsp. of the filling into each of your shells and place them closely together in a small baking dish.
Then, pour your marinara over the top of your shells and sprinkle the top with your remaining mozzarella cheese. Be sure to cover with foil and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake.
When you’re ready to bake, keep your casserole covered in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes and then bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes. Enjoy! I think you’ll love this one.
More Casserole Recipes You Should Try!
Mexican Chicken Casserole – Busy nights call for easy recipes like this! You can even make it a low carb option.
Chicken Parmesan Casserole – This recipe is so easy for you to throw together and full of all the Italian flavors you love!
Pumpkin Croissant Breakfast Casserole – Can you think of a more perfect breakfast for Fall?
- 12 oz Jumbo Shells
- 12 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 1 1/2 Cups Cottage Cheese
- 15 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 24 oz Jar Marinara Sauce
- Cook shell pasta 2 minutes less than package directions. Drain.
- Defrost the frozen spinach and press out the extra liquid.
- Stir together cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir in the spinach.
- Scoop 2 Tbsp of the filling into each shell and place closely together in a small baking dish.
- Pour the marinara over the top and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Bake covered in foil on 350 degrees F for 25 minutes and then bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 684Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 1233mgCarbohydrates: 86gFiber: 8gSugar: 10gProtein: 39g