Tuscan Chicken Pasta is a Mediterranean dish with a creamy sauce that is loaded with flavor. Seasoned and perfectly cooked chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, baby spinach, and more all in one comforting dish.
Tuscan Chicken Pasta
This 30 minute dinner idea is one of my go-to’s when we get to craving pasta and chicken. If you are looking for something new to curb your cravings, give this recipe a try.
How to Make
Start by dicing your chicken into small bites, and get all the other ingredients measured and placed out.
In your skillet add in your oil, sundried tomatoes, seasonings and then the diced chicken.
Now you will reduce heat a bit, add your water and pasta. Let it cook for 12-15 minutes.
Next, you will work on creating the creamy based sauce. Add the ingredients in and cook as directed in the printable recipe card below.
Once ready dish up and serve with all your favorite sides.
Best Sides To Consider
- Crisp Green Salad
- Breadsticks, Dinner rolls, etc
- Roasted or steamed vegetables
Get creative and pair with any or all your favorite sides, or count this as a meal in one if you would like.
You are more than welcome to store any leftovers you may have. Just place them in a proper container and store in the fridge for a few days.
Then you can reheat in the microwave for a quick reheat, or stovetop. Now, if you do the stove you might find the sauce is a lot thicker. If you need add a splash of milk or even water to help thin the liquid a bit so it isn’t as thick as you heat it up.
Due to the creamy sauce you will find this recipe does not freeze and thaw properly. The sauce will curdle a bit, the pasta will be softer in texture.
So for that I don’t recommend freezing your leftovers.
Can I Use Gluten Free Pasta
If you are gluten-free you can absolutely reach for a gluten-free pasta to replace. The key is to make sure the pasta gets fully cooked. If you run into needing to add extra liquid go ahead as it cooks.
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Cubed
- 3 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 8 oz. Penne Pasta
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, Cubed
- 3/4 Cup. Sour Cream, Softened
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach
- 2/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- In a large skillet add 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Italian Seasoning, Basil & Garlic.
- Saute for 1-2 Minutes then add Chicken Pieces and stir.
- Add in Chicken Broth and Pasta and cover. Reduce heat to medium and boil 12-15 minutes.
- Stir in Cream Cheese Cubes until melted.
- Add in Sour Cream and Stir until Melted.
- Add in Spinach and stir until wilted.
- Stir in Parmesan Cheese and serve warm!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 621Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 193mgSodium: 491mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 59g