This Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mac and Cheese is full of flavor and SO creamy! My new go-to macaroni recipe whenever I’m craving something other than traditional macaroni. The spices and two different kinds of cheese create an amazing texture and even better tase. I have listed step by step directions below, or you can scroll to the recipe card, too!
This recipe and MORE are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! You can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, which has more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll also get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join! You will get access to the weekly menu plan and be able to SWAP recipes and CUSTOMIZE your menu plan each week!
Click HERE to Join MenuPlans.com for FREE for 4 Weeks!
This Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mac and Cheese Is…
- Easy to Make
- 35 Minute Dinner
- Family Friendly
- Simple Pasta Dinner
How to Make Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mac and Cheese
This Garlic Parmesan Mac and Cheese is SO simple! There are no complicated ingredients needed to create this recipe, so it’s super easy to recreate for your family!
These ingredients are so simple! One of the reasons I LOVE this dish is because it tastes amazing with such easy ingredients!
- Elbow Macaroni
- Butter, salted
- Minced Garlic
- Mustard Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Milk, 2% or Whole
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
Instructions For Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mac and Cheese
Full directions for the Garlic Parmesan Mac and Cheese are located in the printable recipe card. This is a visual walk through on how to make for readers.
In a medium pot, boil macaroni noodles until al dente. Depending on the noodles, the time needed to boil could differ between 9-12 minutes. Your noodle package will tell you how long you need to boil them. Drain your noodles and set aside.
After, in another medium pot, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in garlic cloves with a whisk and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and mustard powder. This will be used as the base for the sauce for the Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mac and Cheese.
Then, gradually add in both the milk and heavy cream, whisking to combine. Next, heat mixture over medium heat until it bubbles. Reduce heat to low, add in your cheeses, and stir until melted. Remove from heat, add cooked noodles to cheese mixture and stir to combine. If you mixture is too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of milk to thin it out. Serve immediately.
What Kind of Cheese do I Use?
This Garlic Parmesan Mac and Cheese has a white-based sauce, so I used both Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese!
More Amazing Pasta Recipes!
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore Recipe – This amazing recipe require just 7 simple ingredients! Delicious Chicken Cacciatore dinner that take only minutes to prep.
Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta – An easy dinner that is loaded with juicy shrimp, garlic, and a parmesan buttery sauce.
Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta – This dish creates an amazing flavor while also having simple and easy ingredients!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mac and Cheese
This creamy garlic parmesan mac and cheese is perfect for an easy and quick dinner! In just over 30 minutes, you can have dinner ready even on your busiest nights!
- 8 oz. Elbow Macaroni
- 3 Tbsp. Salted Butter
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 3 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 3/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Mustard Powder
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- In a medium pot, cook noodles until al dente. The box of noodles will tell you how many minutes, as cooking time depends on the size and shape of the noodle. Then, drain and set aside.
- In another medium pot, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in garlic cloves and sauté for 2 minutes, or until garlic becomes aromatic. Do not let the garlic get brown. After that, whisk in flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and mustard powder.
- Slowly add milk and heavy cream, whisking to combine. Heat mixture over medium heat until it bubbles.
- Reduce heat to low, add in cheeses, and stir until melted. Remove from heat, add cooked noodles to cheese mixture and stir to combine. If mixture is too thick, add 2-2 more tablespoons of milk. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g