Seafood is stealing the show with this garlic butter shrimp pasta. A crazy simple dinner that is loaded with juicy shrimp, garlic, and a parmesan buttery sauce. Serve this up for dinner with a side of breadsticks and salad.
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
This Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta Recipe Is…
- 30 Minute Dinner Idea
- Great Seafood Recipe
- Family Friendly
- Easy to Make
- Simple Pasta Dinner
Ingredients Needed For Shrimp Pasta
Shrimp – Reach for peeled and deveined shrimp so it can soak up the flavor of the sauce. And be less messy for cleanup.
Fettuccine Noodles – If you don’t have fettuccine noodles you can use spaghetti noodles as well in replace.
Spices – Salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes along with optional parsley.
Garlic – The garlic is a stand out flavor in this shrimp dish!
Baby Spinach Leaves – Fresh leaves work great as they wilt a bit but still have a nice texture to them.
Parmesan – Freshly grated is best.
How to Make Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta
Full directions for this shrimp pasta are in the printable recipe card. This is a visual walk through on how to make for readers.
The first step is cooking your pasta as directed on the box. Drain pasta and set to the side once it is done.
Then in a skillet add your butter and heat up as noted, and then add in garlic and spices. Cook for 2-3 minutes to allow all ingredients to become fragrant.
Next toss in the shrimp and cook for 5-6 minutes or until it is fully cooked, then remove shrimp and place on plate and set aside.
Add in the rest of the butter, then stir in the pasta, spinach, and parmesan and cook down to wilt spinach.
Stir in shrimp, and serve with fresh parsley if you want and more parmesan cheese.
How to Devein Shrimp
If you happen to buy shrimp that has not been deveined here is a quick walk through on how to do it. You will find it does take a little time but it is more affordable to buy shrimp that you have to devein yourself.
- Start by removing the shell of the shrimp if it is on.
- Then take a sharp knife and slice down the back of the shrimp to expose the vein.
- With a toothpick or wooden skewer slide under the black vein and lift and pull. It should pull the whole vein out.
- Wipe the vein onto a paper towel, it helps to get off toothpick easily.
- Repeat with all the shrimp. Then wash under cold water.
What to Serve With Shrimp and Pasta
- Breadsticks or Garlic Bread
- Side of Vegetables
Those are just a few simple sides we do. I have found even buying the chopped salads are a quick side as you throw all the ingredients together, toss and serve.
They come with dressing, toppings, and it makes it a no brainer side dish on those nights you don’t have time to cook.
Store any of your pasta and shrimp in the fridge for 2-3 days. To reheat you can warm in the microwave or on the stovetop. You will find the pasta can dry out a bit. If so you can add a splash of water or milk to make it creamier.
More Seafood Ideas
- 1 pound Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
- 8 ounces Fettuccini Noodles
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach
- 5 ounces Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Shredded
- Fresh Parsley (Optional)
- Pre-Cook Noodles according to package directions, Drain water and set aside.
- In a large skillet melt 1 stick of the butter over Medium-High Heat and add in Minced Garlic, Salt, Pepper, and Red Pepper Flakes. Cook 2-3 Minutes.
- Add in Shrimp and cook 5-6 minutes until it turns a nice pink color. Remove Shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 stick of butter in the pan and melt. Stir in Pasta, Spinach and Parmesan Cheese. Cook for 2-3 Minutes until Spinach wilts and then add back in the Shrimp.
- Serve as soon as the shrimp is warmed up again! Garnish with Fresh Parsley and additional Parmesan Cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 419Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 220mgSodium: 1450mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 28g