I’m always trying to make the best crockpot recipes because they are just so convenient! These Crockpot Meatball Subs might be my new favorite. They are a great hands off dinner that taste amazing. You only need 8 ingredients to create these subs and you’re ready to go! I can’t wait for you to try them!
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
Why Make Crockpot Meatball Subs
- Hands off recipe
- Crockpot dinner idea
- Under 10 ingredients
Meat – Bag of frozen meatballs
Pantry – Jar of pasta sauce, hoagie styles rolls
Produce – Minced garlic, fresh parsley
Seasoning – Italian seasoning
Cheese – Mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese
How to Make Crockpot Meatball Subs
Start by combining the frozen meatballs, pasta sauce, Italian seasoning, and minced garlic in your slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.
Then, slice the hoagie rolls in half and toast them in the oven on a baking sheet for 5-7 minutes at 350° F until they are slightly browned.
Next, place 2 mozzarella cheese slices on each roll and return them to the oven for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Finally, serve your meatballs and sauce on top of your hoagie rolls and top with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
More Slow Cooker Recipes to Try!
Slow Cooker Beef Gyros – The perfect dinner to come home to after a busy day!
Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup – Love this tasty tortellini soup for a homecooked meal!
Crockpot Buffalo Wings – An easy gameday appetizer for football season!
- 20 oz. Bag of Frozen Meatballs
- 2 - 24 oz. Jars of Pasta Sauce
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 14 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 oz. Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Shredded
- 6 Hoagie Style Rolls (Or White Sub Rolls)
- 1/2 Bunch, Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Combine the Frozen Meatballs, Pasta Sauce, Italian Seasoning, and Minced Garlic in a slow cooker and cook on High for 4 Hours.
- Slice Hoagie Rolls in half, and toast in the oven on a baking sheet for 5-7 minutes at 350° F - Until rolls are slightly browned.
- Place 2 Mozzarella Cheese Slices on each roll, and return to the oven for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve Meatballs and Sauce on the Hoagie Rolls and top with Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese and garnish with Parsley.
Prep Ahead Instructions:
In a large Ziploc bag combine the Frozen Meatballs, Pasta Sauce, Italian Seasoning, and Minced Garlic. Seal the bag tightly and refrigerate or freeze until ready to cook.
Place the contents of the Ziploc bag in a slow cooker and cook on High for 4 Hours. Toast Hoagie rolls in the oven and top with Mozzarella slices. Serve Meatballs on toasted rolls topped with fresh parmesan cheese!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 763Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 2751mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 8gSugar: 18gProtein: 41g