Slow Cooker Beef Gyros is the perfect way to use a beef roast up in the slow cooker. Tender beef piled on a pita and topped with tzatziki sauce! The ultimate dinner idea.
Interested in more slow cooker recipes? Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken, French dip sandwiches, and slow cooker ham and beans.
Whip this up before you head outdoors for the day. Then come home to a dinner with just a few more simple steps left! Tender shredded seasoned beef, homemade sauce, tomatoes, onions, lettuce.
How to Make Slow Cooker Beef Gyros
Step 1: Start by making the tzatziki sauce! Add your cucumber, Greek Yogurt, dill, sugar, and salt. Mix well. You will want to refrigerate until ready to use.
Step 2: You will want to mix up your ingredients and then pour them into your slow cooker. Then place your beef roast on the top.
Turn to low and place the lid on. Let it cook for 8 hours.
Step 3: Once the beef roast is done, remove, and shred the beef. Then pile in pitas, top with lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, and tzatziki sauce.
What Is The Best Way to Cut Up Beef
You can dice into cubes or shred like we did. Either route works. If you plan to cut into chunk, just pre-cut the roast while it is raw.
That way it can really soak up all the flavor all around each slice of the beef roast.
Can I Swap Out The Beef Roast For This Recipe
If you don’t want to use a pot roast you can swap with a steak. Flank steak, sirloin, or even chuck steak can be swapped in.
I find feeding my family a roast works great as it makes a lot and feeds my hungry family.
What Are The Best Cucumbers to Use For Sauce
I find that English cucumbers are great for this mixture. Or you might know these cucumbers. Now you can use a classic cucumber, go right ahead and swap it with those.
It is all personal preference. So go right ahead and pick any cucumbers.
Looking For More Easy Dinner Ideas
Best Way to Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers, I recommend storing your meat seperate in the fridge. Then place any leftover sauce in another covered container. That way your foods don’t mix and then you can’t reheat.
This mixture will store for around three days in the fridge. As always you need to use your best judgment in terms of quality of the food.
Slow Cooker Beef Gyros
Slow Cooker Beef Gyros are the perfect dinner to come home to on a busy night. Have the meat ready and waiting in your slow cooker and let everyone load them up with all their favorite toppings.
- 2 Lbs. Beef Roast
- 2 Tbsp. Beef Bullion Base
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 Cucumber, Grated
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp. Fresh Dill, Chopped
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 Package of Pita Bread
- 1/2 Red Onion, Sliced (For Serving, Optional)
- 1 Tomato, Sliced (For Serving, Optional)
- 1/2 Head of Lettuce (For Serving, Optional)
- 1 Lemon, Quartered (For Serving, Optional)
- 1/2 Cucumber, Sliced (For Serving, Optional)
- Grate 1/2 of a cucumber, then wrap grated cucumber in paper towels and squeeze to remove as much water as possible.
- Combine Cucumber, Greek Yogurt, Dill, Sugar, and 1/4 tsp. Salt in a bowl and mix well. Set Tzatziki sauce in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- In a large 6 qt. slow cooker combine the Beef Bullion Base, Water, Salt, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder. Stir everything together.
- Place your Beef Roast in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 8 hours.
- Remove the meat from the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks, then return to slow cooker.
- Serve the Beef in Pita Bread with Tatziki Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber and Lemon.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 555Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 1028mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 53g