Beef Taquitos are an easy weeknight meal that you can whip up in no time. This is an easy taquito recipe made with ground beef!
I am always looking for simple ground beef recipes. Grab your tortillas and whip this up for kids and adults to enjoy.
How To Make
Step 1: In a skillet on the stove you will cook your ground beef and onions until the beef is fully cooked and crumbled.
Remove from the heat and strain off the excess fat and return the meat to the skillet.
Step 2: Now you will add in your garlic, salsa, chili powder, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, onion powder, and stir well. Cook for around 5 minutes to really get the flavors blending.
Step 3: Once your mixture is cooked, you will start to place on your tortillas and fill them with 1/10 of the meat mixture, top with cheese, and roll-up.
Place the seam face down, so it doesn’t unroll as it bakes in the oven.
Step 4: Get the tops coated so it helps them brown up in the oven, and toss them in to cook.
The full directions and ingredients list is in the printable recipe card below!
- Sour Cream
- Nacho cheese
- BBQ Sauce
You will find tons of ideas based on what you would pair with any Mexican topper. Get creative and see what is best for you and your family.
Can I Use Shredded Beef or Chicken
Absolutely! You are welcome to use shredded beef, steak, or even shredded chicken.
You could even swap with ground turkey, ground chicken or pork. Granted with any meat you swap it will alter the flavor but it will be just as good.
You will find that these taquitos will lose a bit of the crunch once they are stored in the fridge.
I find putting them in the microwave is quick, but it will give you a chewy texture. You can preheat your oven to 325 and warm them up that way covered in aluminum foil.
Then warm up until they taquitos are warmed through and then serve. You will find the oven reheat method seems to have the best reheat option.
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef
- 1/2 Onion, Diced
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 16 oz. Salsa (8 oz. for the recipe & 8 oz. for dipping)
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 10 - 8" Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
- 2 Cups Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted (Optional)
- In a large skillet cook your ground beef and onions over medium high heat for 7-10 minutes until the beef is browned
- Remove from heat and strain the fat off before returning the meat to the skillet
- Add the Minced Garlic, 8 oz. of the Salsa, Chili Powder, Salt, Pepper, Cumin, Paprika and Onion Powder to the meat and stir
- Cook the meat mixture over medium heat for 5-7 Minutes until everything is sizzling, remove from heat
- Place your tortillas on a flat plate and fill with 1/10 of the meat mixture and sprinkle with cheese
- Roll tortillas up and place seam side down on a baking sheet that has been greased with non-stick cooking spray or lined with foil.
- Spray the top of the tortillas with a light layer of cooking spray or brush with melted butter
- Cook the Taquitos in a 400#degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve with additional salsa
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 735Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 1770mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 43g