This Lasagna Casserole is an even easier way to make lasagna! It’s delicious, cheesy, and a family favorite! Make it on your next busy weeknight or bring it to a large gathering or potluck, it’s sure to be a hit. Make it in just 1 hour and enjoy a nice homecooked meal.
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
Why Make Lasagna Casserole
- 1 hour dinner recipe
- Easy way to make lasagna
- Simple ingredients
- Simple dinner option
Protein – Ground beef, eggs
Produce – Red onion
Seasoning – Salt, pepper, Italian seasoning
Dairy – Mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, grated parmesan cheese
Pantry – Pasta shells, jar of pasta sauce
How to Make Lasagna Casserole
Begin by cooking the ground beef, onion, salt, and pepper until no longer pink in a large skillet and then draining the fat from the meat.
Then, cook your pasta according to the box directions and then combine 1/2 of your mozzarella cheese, all of your ricotta cheese, eggs, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning in a large bowl.
Next, you’ll layer your noodles, ground beef, cheese mixture, and pasta sauce in a large 9×13 baking dish and sprinkle the top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
Finally, bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and hot all the way through. Enjoy!
This Lasagna Casserole is a great option for prepping ahead! So easy to make it ahead of time to save time when making dinner.
Just follow all the instructions up until it’s ready to bake, and place the casserole in the refrigerator. Then, thaw for 30 minutes before baking to bring it to room temperature!
More Pasta Recipes to Try!
Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Bake – A delicious pasta recipe that only requires 5 ingredients!
Easy Chicken Taco Alfredo – This dinner will definitely become a family favorite!
16 Make Ahead Pasta Dinner Ideas To Prep And Freeze – The easiest way to make a homecooked pasta dinner!
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef
- 1/2 Red Onion, Diced
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 12 oz. Pasta Shells, Cooked According to Package Directions & Drained
- 4 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, Divided in half
- 15 oz. Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 4 oz. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 36 oz. Jar of Pasta Sauce
- In a Large Skillet cook the Ground Beef, Onion, Salt and Pepper until no longer pink. Drain fat from meat and return to pan.
- Cook Pasta according to Package Directions.
- In a large bowl combine 1/2 of the Mozzarella Cheese, all of the Ricotta Cheese, Eggs, Parmesan Cheese, and Italian Seasoning.
- In a large greased 9x13 Baking Dish Layer Noodles, Ground Beef, Cheese Mixture, and Pasta Sauce. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Mozzarella Cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and hot all the way through.
Prep Ahead Instructions:
Follow all instructions through Step 6. Place the casserole in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Thaw for 30 minutes before baking to bring to room temperature.
Bake at 350° F for 45 Minutes until everything is bubbly and hot all the way through and the cheese is starting to brown on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 826Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 230mgSodium: 2226mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 5gSugar: 12gProtein: 59g