This Lemon Herb Chicken & Potatoes recipe is one of my favorite baked dinners. It’s bursting with all of your favorite vibrant flavors. This recipe is so simple. Just marinate your chicken, add in your potatoes right before cooking, and you’ll have yourself a delicious dinner to come home to after a busy day. I hope you enjoy!
This easy dinner recipe and so many more can be found in our Weekly Menu Planning System! You can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including recipes like this, for FREE!
You will also get access to our +Plus Membership when you join, so not only will you get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE your menu plan each week!
Why Make Lemon Herb Chicken & Potatoes
- Easy dinner idea
- 1 hour recipe
- Simple ingredients
- Sheet pan recipe
- Perfect for busy nights
Chicken – Bone-in chicken thighs
Pantry – Olive oil, aluminum foil
Produce – Lemon juice, red onion, lemon, fresh parsley, minced garlic, baby potatoes
Seasoning – Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, black pepper, paprika, red pepper flakes
How to Make Lemon Herb Chicken & Potatoes
You’ll start by placing your chicken thighs, olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika, red pepper flakes and onion into a large Ziploc bag.
Next, you’ll place your baby potatoes onto a large baking dish or baking sheet, dump your chicken and marinade mixture onto the same dish, and then toss everything together using tongs and arrange the chicken pieces flat on the baking dish so that everything cooks evenly.
Finally, cover your dish with foil, bake at 425° F for 45 minutes, uncover, and bake for another 15-20 minutes until your chicken starts to brown. You can serve it garnished with fresh parsley and lemon if desired. Enjoy!
More Chicken Recipes to Try!
Ritz Cracker Chicken – Your kids will love this chicken recipe. Make it in just 40 minutes!
Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan – In just 30 minutes you can have a traditional Italian dish!
Chicken Taco Alfredo – A must make dinner that’s so easy!
- 3 lbs. Bone-in Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 1/2 lbs. Baby Potatoes, Washed and cut in half
- 1 Large Red Onion, Cut into quarters
- 1 Fresh Lemon (For Garnish)
- Fresh Parsley (For Garnish)
- Aluminum Foil
- Place the Chicken Thighs in a large Ziploc bag. Add Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Minced Garlic, Italian Seasoning, Onion Powder, Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Red Pepper Flakes and Onion then seal tightly and mix everything together.
- Place the Baby Potatoes in a Large Baking Dish or Baking Sheet and then dump the Chicken and Marinade mixture over the potatoes. Toss everything together using tongs and arrange the chicken pieces flat on the baking dish so that everything cooks evenly.
- Cover with foil and Bake at 425° F for 45 Minutes. Uncover and bake another 15-20 minutes until the chicken starts to brown.
- Serve garnished with Fresh Lemon and Parsley!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 774Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 37gCholesterol: 290mgSodium: 799mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 57g