This Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan is the perfect weeknight dinner recipes for all the pasta lovers. It’s cooked in just 40 minutes and pairs amazingly with spaghetti. I love making this on busy weeknights and it’s always a hit! I can’t wait for you to try it.
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
Why Make Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Easy dinner idea
- Made in just 40 minutes
- Simple directions
Meat – Thin Chicken Breast
Seasoning – Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, black pepper
Pantry – Panko bread crumbs, spaghetti pasta, marinara sauce
Refrigerated – Eggs
Cheese – Grated parmesan cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese
Produce – Fresh parsley
How to Make Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan
You’ll start by lining a baking sheet with foil and spraying it with non-stick cooking spray. Then, whisk your eggs together in a shallow bowl.
After that, mix your panko bread crumbs, grated parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a shallow bowl.
Next, pat your chicken dry with a paper towel, dip it in your egg mixture, your bread crumb mixture, press the bread crumbs into both sides, and place each piece of coated chicken onto your baking sheet.
Next, bake you chicken at 400° F for 15 minutes and begin cooking your spaghetti pasta if you haven’t already. Once it’s done, drain it and set it aside.
Then, flip your chicken, cover it with a spoonful of marinara sauce, and top it with mozzarella cheese.
Finally, bake for another 10 minutes at 400° F until everything is melted and bubbly hot and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° F. You can also broil for 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese.
Now, serve immediately with your cooked pasta and additional marinara sauce or a salad. Enjoy!
What Can I Serve With Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan?
Traditionally, Chicken Parmesan will be served with spaghetti and marinara sauce. You can also pair it with a delicious side salad or some garlic bread. Feel free to add your favorite side dishes to this Italian dinner!
More Italian Recipes You Have to Try!
Tuscan Chicken Ravioli – You’ll love this ravioli dinner!
Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta – This pasta is made in just 30 minutes and is bursting with flavor!
Italian Chicken Pasta Salad – An easy lunch or dinner idea that you can make in only 22 minutes.
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Thin Chicken Breast, or cut your Chicken Breast in half and pound thin
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 5 oz. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Parsley for Garnish, optional
- 8 oz. Spaghetti Pasta, Cooked
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with Non-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In a shallow bowl whisk Eggs together.
- In another shallow bowl mix together Panko Bread Crumbs, Grated Parmesan Cheese, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper.
- Pat Chicken Breast Dry with a paper towel, then dip in the Egg mixture, then in the Bread Crumb mixture. Press Bread Crumbs into both sides. Place each piece of coated Chicken on the baking sheet.
- Bake chicken at 400° F for 15 Minutes.
- Start cooking your spaghetti pasta now if you haven't already. Once it's done, drain and set aside.
- Flip Chicken and cover with a spoonful of Marinara Sauce and top with Mozzarella Cheese.
- Bake another 10 Minutes at 400° F until everything is melted and bubbly hot and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° F. You can also broil for 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese.
- Serve Immediately with Cooked Pasta and additional Marinara Sauce or a Salad!