Looking for a quick and easy mahi mahi recipe for dinner? Whip up this lemon Parmesan mahi mahi and pair with asparagus, a green salad, or even risotto.
Guess What!! This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
Click Here to Join MenuPlans.com for FREE for 4 Weeks!
What I love about this mahi mahi recipe is it takes minutes to prep and bake in the oven. No need to hover over the stove.
This Lemon Parmesan Mahi Mahi Is..
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Made with 7 Ingredients
- Quick prep
- Oven baked
Mahi mahi – Fresh or frozen will work for this recipe. Just thaw the fish before you cook in the oven.
Lemon – For this seafood recipe I recommend using fresh lemon. It is going to give you the best overall flavor that is going to help elevate the flavor.
Parmesan Cheese – Freshly Parmesan is delicious but if in mind you can buy pre-shredded.
Panko Breadcrumbs – Panko is going to give the fish a crunchier texture compared to a classic breadcrumb.
Seasoning – Salt and pepper are optional, I find it helps a lot. Then Italian seasoning and garlic are what I used.
Butter – The butter mixes in with the breadcrumbs and such and helps to give it a nice toasted golden color.
Variations To Recipe
- Swap the mahi mahi with any white fish you would like.
- Top with some lemon zest before serving.
- Replace Parmesan with plant based cheese for dairy free alternative
- Change up seasoning as you would like.
How to Make Mahi Mahi
Start by placing fish fillets on a baking sheet. Drizzle with lemon juice.
Add remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Press mixture onto fish.
Bake as directed in the recipe card below.
Once the fish is done, serve with your favorite sides.
You can store your leftover fish in an airtight container in the fridge. Then when you are ready, warm up in the microwave.
You can heat the fish in the oven but know it can dry out your fish a bit.
- Depending on the size of fish fillets, cook time will vary.
- Press breadcrumb mixture onto the fish otherwise the topping won’t stick.
- Line the pan in foil for an easy cleanup once you are done cooking.
More Seafood Recipes
Lemon Parmesan Mahi Mahi
Lemon Parmesan Mahi Mahi is a delicious and quick weeknight dinner or lunch to whip up. A Panko breadcrumb and parmesan crusted mahi mahi with a nice citrus twist.
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Mahi Mahi or other Fish Fillets
- 2 Lemons, Cut in Half
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Place Thawed or Fresh Fish Fillets on a Large Baking Sheet that has been sprayed with Non Stick Cooking Spray.
- Squeeze juice out of lemons and pour over fish pieces.
- In a small bowl combine the Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, Bread Crumbs, and Parmesan Cheese.
- Add in the melted butter and mix well.
- Sprinkle the fish pieces with the breadcrumb & butter mixture and press into the fish so it sticks.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F. for 12-15 minutes, then broil 2-3 Minutes until golden brown.
Prep Ahead Instructions -
You could pre-mix the Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, Bread Crumbs, and Parmesan Cheese ahead of time and store in an airtight container. This recipe is super simple and easy to throw together in just a few minutes!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 746mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 40g