Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Tuna is a delicious and simple weeknight seafood recipe. A simple and quick way to cook up tuna filets with a side of potatoes. This one pan dinner is loaded with rich flavors, and the gemstone potatoes are the perfect side.
This recipe and so many more are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now you can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including more recipes just like this one, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join, which means you’ll not only get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE Your menu plan each week!
Easy Sheet Pan Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Tuna
This Recipe Is
- Gluten Free
- Easy Sheet Pan Dinner
- Quick Prep
- One Pan Dinner
How to Make Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Tuna
Full directions for the tuna recipe, are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick walk-through on how to make!
Mix up your tuna fish marinade in a bag, and then place your tuna inside and marinate in the fridge as directed.
Next wash, prep and season the potatoes. Then store them in a bag in the fridge until ready to cook as well.
Place the tuna and potatoes on your prepared sheet pan and bake in the oven as directed.
Flip half way through. This is important to ensure the tuna cooked evenly, plus you will find it is great for the potatoes as well.
Once done, remove and serve up your easy and quick tuna recipe.
How to Know When Tuna Is Done?
You will find that many prefer to eat tuna at different internal temperatures. The biggest thing is to make sure you cook your tuna to a safe degree.
If you don’t eat all your tuna you can store leftovers in the fridge for 1-2 days. You will find that fish can spoil faster, so always use your best judgement in terms of quality. If stored improperly you will find it can go bad. So ensure it is a sealed container and at proper temperature.
Depending on how you buy your tuna you will find most tuna steaks do not have bone. Now if they are sold cut differently then they could have a bone in them. Tuna is a very large fish, so it is easy for them to make it into boneless fish steaks.
We love potatoes, salad, or even your favorite vegetable side dish. Tuna is very versatile in terms of what you can pair with it.
- 2 Lbs. Tuna Fillets
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, Cut in Half
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Gemstone Potatoes (Or any small bite size potato)
- In a large Ziploc bag combine the Tuna Fillets, 1/4 Cup Olive Oil, 1/2 tsp. Salt 1/2 tsp. Pepper, 1/4 tsp. Basil, 1/4 tsp. Oregano, 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder and the Juice from 1 Fresh Lemon. Seal bag tightly and store in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Place washed potatoes on a large sheet pan. Drizzle with 1/4 cup Olive Oil, 1/2 tsp. Salt 1/2 tsp. Pepper, 1/4 tsp. Basil, 1/4 tsp. Oregano, 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder and toss to coat evenly.
- Bake potatoes in the oven at 425° F for 20 Minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add in the Tuna Fillets, Bake another 15 Minutes (Turning Tuna Over halfway through)
Prep Ahead Instructions
- In a large Ziploc bag combine the Tuna Fillets, 1/4 Cup Olive Oil, 1/2 tsp. Salt 1/2 tsp. Pepper, 1/4 tsp. Basil, 1/4 tsp. Oregano, 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder and the Juice from 1 Fresh Lemon.
- Seal bag tightly and store in the refrigerator. In a separate bag combine the Washed Potatoes, 1/4 cup Olive Oil, 1/2 tsp. Salt 1/2 tsp. Pepper, 1/4 tsp. Basil, 1/4 tsp. Oregano, and 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder.
- Seal tightly and shake to coat everything evenly. Store in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Dump the Potatoes onto a large sheet pan. Bake potatoes in the oven at 425° F for 20 Minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add in the Tuna Fillets,
- Bake another 12 Minutes (Turning Tuna Over halfway through)
Cook Time - Depending on the thickness of your tuna steaks, the cook time can vary.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 468Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 447mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 47g