This Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta has been on of my favorites to put on our Weekly Menu rotation! With sun-dried tomatoes, fresh spinach, and delicious chicken, this recipe has it all! It’s so easy to make and has such simple ingredients but the flavor is amazing!
This recipe and SO MANY MORE are included in our Weekly Menu Planning System! Right now, get 4 Weeks of our Weekly Menu Plan, including this recipe, for FREE!
You’ll get access to our +PLUS Membership when you join! Not only will you get access to the weekly menu plan but you will also be able to swap recipes and CUSTOMIZE your plan each week!
Click Here to Join MenuPlans.com for FREE for 4 Weeks!
Ingredients for Italian Chicken Pasta:
Dairy – Butter, Heavy Cream, Milk, Parmesan Cheese
Produce – Baby Spinach, Minced Garlic, Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Pasta – Penne, or any you prefer
Meat – Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts
Herbs & Spices – Salt & Pepper, Italian Seasoning
Oils – Olive Oil
How to Make Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta
To begin, start by cutting your Chicken Tenderloins into 1 inch pieces.
Heat the Olive Oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Add in the Chicken and season with Salt & Pepper.
Cook for around 6-7 minutes or until cooked through. Stir occasionally.
When the Chicken is fully cooked through, remove it from the skillet and set aside.
Next, add Butter into the skillet and melt over medium heat.
Add in the Garlic, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Italian Seasoning and then sauté for around 3 minutes.
Next, add in the Heavy Cream, Milk, Parmesan Cheese, cooked Penne Pasta and stir.
Add in Spinach and cook until fully wilted and the pasta is heated. Stir occasionally.
Serve this dish immediately after cooking. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
How amazing does this pasta dish look? Full of flavor and an easy one-pot recipe! I love recipes like this because I can make so much at once, but store it for several days and it still tastes amazing!
Ingredients in Italian Seasoning
If you don’t have the Italian Seasoning needed for this recipe, you can easily make your own! Italian Seasoning is just made up of Dried Oregano, Dried Basil, Dried Rosemary, Dried Thyme, and Dried Marjoram! Some recipes will have Crushed Red Pepper Flakes or Sage, but it depends on the brand. I prefer the Traditional recipe without the additional spice from the Red Pepper Flakes
More Simple Pasta Recipes
- Easy Chicken Taco Alfredo – A 30 minute Tex-Mex inspired pasta dish! This will quickly become a family favorite.
- Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Rigatoni – One of our family favorites! Kid-friendly and perfect for bringing to a potluck or a family dinner!
- TikTok Baked Feta Pasta – Made in under an hour, this Cheesy Baked Feta Pasta has quickly become a favorite! It went viral on TikTok and is amazing!
Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta
This fabulous Chicken Pasta is full of flavor! With sun-dried tomatoes, Italian spices, spinach, and a creamy sauce, you just can't beat this easy and delicious dinner!
- 2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes Drained, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 8 oz. Penne or Macaroni, precooked
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- First, cut the chicken tenderloins into one inch pieces. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 6-7 minutes or until cooked through, stirring every so often. When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the butter to the pot and melt over medium heat. Add the garlic, sun dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning to the pot and sauté until aromatic.
- Add the heavy cream, milk, Parmesan cheese, cooked penne pasta and stir. Add spinach and cook until wilted and pasta is heated, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately after cooking
Be sure to pre-cook your pasta before adding it to this recipe! Otherwise, there will not be enough liquid to properly cook the pasta noodles.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 581Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 526mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 46g