This classic recipe has never been easier! Make this Sheet Pan Chicken Pot Pie during your next busy week. It’s made in under an hour and is such a fun twist on a popular dish. This dinner is so fun and will quickly become a family favorite!
This easy dinner recipe and so many more can be found in our Weekly Menu Planning System! You can get 4 Weeks of our weekly menu plan, including recipes like this, for FREE!
You will also get access to our +Plus Membership when you join, so not only will you get access to the weekly menu plan but you’ll also be able to SWAP Recipes and CUSTOMIZE your menu plan each week!
Why Make This Sheet Pan Chicken Pot Pie
- Made in under an hour
- Easy dinner option
- Sheet pan recipe
- Great for parties
Chicken – Cooked and shredded chicken breast
Produce – Celery, yellow onion, egg
Frozen – Bag of frozen mixed vegetables
Pantry – Flour, low sodium chicken broth
Refrigerated – Puff pastry sheets, dairy
Seasoning – Salt, pepper, minced onion flakes
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Pot Pie
You’ll start by pre-cooking your chicken breast in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees in you’re using uncooked chicken. If you went with rotisserie chicken, just shred with two forks and set aside.
Then, spray a large sauce pan with cooking spray and sauté the celery, onion and frozen vegetables over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes and add in the butter to melt.
Next, add in the flour and whisk until the butter is absorbed and then slowly add in the chicken broth about 1/2 cup at a time, whisking continuously until the sauce thickens. Make sure to continue adding chicken broth until you have a creamy consistency.
Then, stir in the chicken and pour the mixture into a large 12×16 Baking Sheet with sides.
Once poured, cut your thawed pastry puffs into 1″ pieces and lay on top of the baking sheet and brush with the beaten egg.
Finally, bake in the oven at 400° F for 30-35 Minutes, until puff pastry is browned. Enjoy!
This is such an easy recipe to prep-ahead! It saves you so much time but still makes a delicious homecooked meal.
Prepare the Chicken Mixture according to steps 1 – 4. When you get to step 4 pour the mixture into a Large Ziploc bag instead of a Baking Sheet and store in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
More Sheet Pan Recipes to Try!
Cheesy Beef Quesadillas – These beef quesadillas are irresistable!
Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Tuna – A simple one pan dinner with a vibrant flavor!
Sheet Pan Lasagna – Such a fun twist on a traditional recipe!
- 1 1/2 lbs. Chicken Breast, Cooked & Shredded
- 2 Ribs of Celery, Diced
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, Diced
- 12 oz. Bag Frozen Mixed Vegetables (Peas, Carrots, Green Beans)
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 3 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 2 tsp. Minced Onion Flakes
- 17.3 oz. Package of Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1 Egg, slightly beaten
- Pre-Cook Chicken Breast in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees if using un-cooked chicken breast, or use Rotisserie Chicken. Shred with 2 forks or dice and set aside.
- Spray a large sauce pan with cooking spray and sauté the Celery, Onion, and Frozen Vegetables over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes. Add in the salt, pepper and onion flakes to flavor the vegetables. Add in butter and allow to melt.
- Add in the Flour and Wisk until all the melted butter is absorbed. Slowly add in the Chicken Bone Broth about 1/2 Cup at a time, whisking continuously until the sauce thickens, continue adding in the Chicken Bone Broth until you have a creamy consistency.
- Stir in Chicken and then pour the mixture into a large 12x16 Baking Sheet with sides.
- Cut Thawed Puff Pastry Sheets into 1" Pieces and lay on top of the Baking Sheet. Brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven at 400° F for 30-35 Minutes, until puff pastry is browned.
Prep Ahead Instructions -
Prepare the Chicken Mixture according to steps 1 - 4. When you get to step 4 pour the mixture into a Large Ziploc bag instead of a Baking Sheet and store in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
Cooking Instructions -
Pour the contents of the Ziploc Bag into a Large Baking Sheet with Sides. Top with 1" Strips of Puff Pastry, Brush with Beaten Egg and Bake at 400° F for 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 885Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 178mgSodium: 1181mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 58g